CHAPTER 23

TIMESKIP

sunday morning, 5:00 they all started running through the school since the school ground is long and big, you practiced on afternoon then goes home earlyto grabbed your things because you all needed to sleep on hotel on sunday night for tomorrow's play.

"all of you on the bus-?" you asked them while headcounting, "yeah, we're good to go coach.." you stated and sat between to komori and sakusa.

"is akia watching tomorrow-?" you asked komori, "yes, she stated that she will not be attending school for the whole week" komori beamed, "that's good!"

"is uncle watching tomorrow's match?" you then asked sakusa who is minding his damn own business, "maybe not he's always busy but i think my older sister will" he stated while staring outside the window.

TIMESKIP-FIRST DAY MATCH

the first day match went well, your opponent didn't even stand a chance at your team that went smoothly.

you even got some time to watch the fukurodani's match before going back to the hotel you were staying, you were supposed to watch karasuno's play but unfortunately they won and too late.

"i guess the two first years on karasuno is good.." you mumbled, "yeah, haven't seen them before though" sakusa answered with his of course facemask.

"aren't you like suffocated by that thing (facemask)?" you asked him while raising your eyebrows, "better than having germs" he made an 🤮 face.

TIMESKIP - SECOND DAY MATCH

the second day match went smoothly too, you got early dismissal and decided to watch the nekoma's play.

"do you know any of them-?" you asked sakusa staring at the court, "i don't know maybe their captain? kuroo" he stated in a weird face, "mhm, you don't know kenma he's the brain of their team.. while kuroo is the scheming captain" you closely watched the play.

"scheming-?" sakusa asked, "yeah, their captain is very cunning, maybe because they're neko(cat)??" you sarcastically said.

"kenma is a good setter too, he goes well with the team especially their ace and that tall looking boy" as soon as you finished the sentence there were some time-out for injured player.

"their libero was injured.. that's why you should never chase an outside ball." you sighed feeling bad about the injured player, "why-?" sakusa suddenly asked.

"because their score is not that close to chase a single point ball, volleyball is always a single point game it doesn't have 2 or 3 points like basketball and they still have time to recover" you flopped and sighed resting your head on the back, "..look, they ruined the wave and tempo of their team but one person will be at his best because one of those players is number 3's bestfriend or something"

sakusa was amazed by your statement.

TIMESKIP- THIRD DAY MATCH

"please rest here first, coach.." you sign the coach to swap sakusa for a second, "what happened-?" the coach asked as he walks towards you and sakusa.

"sakusa injured his pinky, it isn't much but i need to bandage it first before he goes in again" you grabbed the medical kit and hold sakusa's right hand.

"please takecare of it, y/n" you nodded.

"does it hurt-?" you asked him while you were touching slowly his pinky finger, "not much.." was his answer that made you snap from being angry.

"shut it sakusa, if it hurts then it hurts why do you have to be like this stop making me worry so much about you" you frowned while tapping his pinky finger with his ring finger.

"sorry dummy.." he suddenly looked at you, "mhm, just don't use this finger much.." you stated not looking at him.

"i have a question.." he suddenly lifted your chin with full of tears, "if i win to nationals, will you be my girlfriend-?" your eyes started to stared at him looking at his black eyes.

"w-what?" you frowned, "that's not something you can joke about sakusa" you stated, "i'm serious germ" he stated in a serious face.

"is sakusa good to go-?" the coach suddenly appeared asking sakusa, "y-yeah.."

"please standby there sakusa, i'll switch you in after this round" the coach stated as he walks out.

as sakusa stands up you didn't let go of his hands, staring at his eyes and suddenly nodded as the answer for the question he asked earlier. he put his hands on your hair and shuffles it, letting a little smile out of his mouth.

"i'll do my best.." he stated as he walks off.

"please do..."

after the second round sakusa got three service ace that got their victory, it's onlt one day left for the last match.

the boys were so happy hugging everyone on the court, you suddenly ran towards sakusa who is panting.

"you did it! you did it!! omg you won!! congratulations!" you beamed at him as the boys ran towards you and hugging you with all their sweats.

"y/n we did it!! one more match then we're the champion!!!" the boys yelled, "it's all because of you!!" they added.

"s-stop it.. stop! komori i know you're the one who is tickling me!" you giggled as you saw sakusa lowly chuckling staring at you giggling from the team hug.