Chapter 1

Nikki's POV

"No breaking up."

I woke up with the same dream again. What the hell was that? As far as I remember, I've been single forever. That faceless guy who keeps appearing in my head. Who exactly are you? I gulped the whole glass of water.

"Mom! Mom! Knock knock knock knock!" This cute little boy called me.

I opened the door and saw him smiling. He looks so adorable wearing his cute duck jammies.

"Good morning, mom. I am hungry."

"How many times do I have to tell you I am not your mom, and we are brothers," I told Nigel.

"But my friend said, mom is the one taking care of you. You are my mom."
He argued.

Nigel is turning four years old. Our parents died due to a car accident when Nigel was just four months old.

We were well off before, but all savings left for me slowly vanished like a bubble after paying my parents' debts.

Now, I am working so hard to give a beautiful future for Nigel.

I don't care about anyone else. He is only my main focus in life.

I fed my brother his favorite pancakes.

While he is eating, I am preparing to go to my work. I can't be late again.

After eating, I sent him to my neighbor's house, which is my best friend too. These two are only my friends that I trust the most, Santa and Earth.

Earth is always taking care of my brother whenever I am not around.
I need to go to my work. Earth and Santa have been boyfriends since our high school. They are living in one unit which is beside mine. Santa is a waiter in the same restaurant as where I am working, while Earth is a stay-at-home boyfie.

I carpool with Santa on the way to our workplace. I pay with his gasoline sometimes. Most of the time, he won't accept. I am not that thick-faced to be riding with him every day for free.

I am going to be late again. I need to be earlier to check the ingredients available in the kitchen.

He dropped me off in front of the restaurant before he went to the parking space, which is a few blocks away from here.

I pulled my mask and put it on. The air pollution here is terrible.

I was walking fast when I hit someone.

Shit! That hurts.

"Ouchie." This guy was about to cry.
"I am sorry, I was not looking." He said.

Fuck! "Okay," I responded.

"Say sorry to me too. You are not looking like me." He pouted his lips.

Fine. "Sor..."

"Baby!" Someone called him.
That guy ran towards us. "Hey, what did you fucking do?" He yelled at me.

Didn't he see that I was hurt too?

"Baby, I am okay." The guy who I bumped into earlier said. Why is his voice like that? Is he trying to be cute?
"But he didn't say sorry to me." He frowned.

I just looked at them quizzically. I was just about to say sorry to end the drama when a luxurious car stopped in front of us.

"Sir Aidan, your mom is already waiting." The driver called them.

The first guy jumped into the car while his boyfriend left standing in front of me. "When my Reese asks you to say sorry, you say sorry, okay? Remember that." He warned.
What was that? Such a weird couple.
He followed his crybaby boyfriend.

What a luck! Santa approached me.
"What did you do to them?"

"I don't know."

I just felt like a connection to the guy the driver called Aidan. What am I thinking again?!

"You have to avoid those people, alright? Rumors are they always throw their enemies out of the country. If you see them, avoid them."
He keeps talking while we are walking to our area.

They should be avoiding me instead. 
I have no patience with the drama.

I went straight to my locker to change.
I looked at the mirror. This uniform brings happiness to me. When I was a kid, my mom would always teach me to cook. This has been our bonding when she was alive. Our family owned restaurants before. I want to earn more and have my own soon. I promise I will make it happen. I just finished paying their debts last year. Now, I can focus on my brother's education plan and the restaurant that I am dreaming of.

The owner of the restaurant entered the locker room. I hate this guy. He is already married, but he keeps on flirting with me.

"Hi, my beautiful Nikki. You were almost late. Message me if you want to ride. My house is just near your place. I can pick you up."
Stefano told me.

I rather die walking on the street alone than ride a car with you.

He licked his lips and looked at me.
If he did this to me outside work, he would probably be swallowing his balls now.

"No, thanks, sir. I always come with Santa."

Focus...I can't offend him right now...
I need this work...
I was terminated in my previous job because I got three late consecutively.

"How about sending you home? We could have dinner outside first and compare to your courses. Consider it researching. I can help you, Chef Nikki." He was about to put his dirty hand on my hips when his wife arrived. She is still not aware that her husband is bi.

"I need to prepare now, sir." I left that asshole. He is lucky I am not telling his wife what he is doing when she's not around. He might lose everything, even this restaurant.

I started washing the vegetables for my menu of the day.

I have no friends in this restaurant except for Santa.

I just don't feel like talking with anyone else. I feel like I am not allowed to do so. I was always liked this ever since my weird dreams appeared every night. I feel like something bad will happen.

Have you ever experienced missing someone you don't know? That guy keeps appearing in my head. I never recalled meeting someone special in my life. I never met someone who would make my heart beat abnormally.
On the back of my head, I want to feel that even just once, falling for someone.

A/N: welcome to my new story. The next chapter will be Ezrah's POV.
This was months before aidan and Reese met him again in the hotel (province). The setting here is BKK.