Chapter 7

Nikki's POV

Yes, we are in my rented unit.
This guy beside me has many excuses not to book a hotel room.
Why here out of all places?

It became more awkward for me.

"Don't be picky. This room is just small. I need to cut my cost, so I rent a small unit. I am just here to sleep, that is why."

"Calm down. I didn't say anything. So where's our bed?" Ezrah asked.

Is he dreaming?

"My bed is there, and you'll be sleeping on the couch. Stop with your illusions." I put a pillow on the couch. "What time are you going home, so I can set my alarm."

"You said you are free tomorrow, right? I'll ask Earl to pick me up in the night."

"You mean you'll stay here for hours?"

"Exactly, baby. I need to wash up now." What a pain in the ass?!

I was fixing my bed when he came out of the restroom without a shirt and pants on.
"I washed my clothes. Help me buy something tomorrow."

"You mean, later? It's around 3 AM already. Sleep for now." Don't look at the flirty guy, Nikki. That would be so wrong.

"Alright. Sleep too." He positioned himself on the couch and browsed his phone.

"Uhm, Ezrah..."

"Yes?"

"Reese..."

"What about phi?"

"You know him? Are you younger than him?"

"Why? Are you jealous? Didn't you witness his wedding earlier?" He chuckled.

"Jealous your ass. I am just asking."

"Let's say Reese is the only friend I have way back. He is kind, but we were never involved in a romantic relationship with each other. You don't have to worry."

"I am not worried. Are you crazy?"
I can't have a normal conversation with Ezrah without him being cocky.

I just lay down on my bed. I am worried about Nigel. We need to be separated because of work. I need to earn faster and have my own restaurant. I will sure shower my brother with anything he wants.

"Baby, who are you texting? What did I tell you? Never to chat with anyone. Who is that?" I woke up with this dream again. Shit! Why is he mad in my dreams, but it still sounded sweet to me?

I grabbed water from the fridge.

"Baby..." Is Ezrah dreaming too?

Baby? Who could be his baby? I don't care.

"Don't you fucking leave me," Ezrah spoke again.

That voice! The way he talked in his dreams sounded so familiar. What is this?

I walked closer to him. He is sweating a lot. I grabbed a towel and wiped him.
"I'll find you no matter where you are." Ezrah is panting hardly.

I shook his shoulder. "Ezrah! Wake up! Wake up!"

He opened his eyes and hugged me tightly. "He left." He was catching his breath.

"Are you okay?"

"He fucking left. What should I do?" He is close to crying.

I don't know how to comfort other people. I just let him rest on his shoulder while I rubbed his back.

"It's okay. It's just a dream." I wiped his face again.