Chapter 4

Ezrah's POV

"Please don't mind what my brother has said. It is embarrassing." Nikki apologized to me.

"Not a big deal. I have a question. are you gay? I want to know."

"I don't think I need to answer that question. That is too personal, Mr."
Nikki acts tough all the time, but I see sadness every time I meet his eyes. I want to hug him and tell him that he is not allowed to be sad. I hate seeing him like that.

"I am gay," I told him.

"I didn't ask." He looked away.

"Yup. I just want to tell you. Can I have your number, at least? This is for business purposes." I lied to myself. No, Ezrah, you want his number because you want to be close to him.

He took his wallet and pulled a calling card. "Strictly business purposes."

"Thank you. I'll message you. Good night." Nikki is giving me this unexplainable feeling. It's like my chest is about to burst every single fucking time he looks at me.

I got home, and I had this urge to message him. I don't usually text people. Earl does that for me.
And right now, what I want to do is message him. The big question is, what am I going to send to that snob?

After an hour of battling with myself, I finally pressed the sent button.
"Ezrah here. Save my number."

He replied in a few seconds. "Nikki here. Don't tell me what to do."

I smiled. Nikki. You are cute.

"Accept my offer, work in my pad.  You can do it temporarily while looking for a job."

"k."

K? Since when did I deserve 'K' as a reply.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow about the plan."

He didn't reply anymore.

Earl called me. What is it this time?

"What?"

"Sir Jongcheveevat set a meeting for tomorrow. It is regarding the expansion of their hotel in your area."

"Okay. In my office. Tomorrow. 3:00 PM."

"No, sir. He asked you to go to their office, 9 AM sharp."

"What the fuck? He should be asking what time I am available. They can't just decide like that. Decline it. Who is it anyway?"

"Mr. Miracle Jongcheveevat."
Earl replied.

The one with a weak heart.
"Let's see who will adjust then. Tell him I'll let them know when I have my free time. I am busy, you know."

"Noted, sir."

"Hey, Earl!"

"Yes, sir?"

"Do you think Nikki is gay?"

I heard him chuckle on the other line.
"How would I know? Your type?"

Yes, maybe, my type...my type of guy.

"I am just curious."

"Ezrah is curious to a person. That's new."

"Shut up. Talk to you tomorrow."

~~~~~~~

Nikki's POV

"You know the rule, baby. Now tell me what it is?"

"No texting other guys. I didn't mean it. I am sorry."

He pinned me to the wall and kissed me roughly.