Chapter 11

Nikki's POV

"Can you come out for a while?" It's Saturday evening, but here I am waiting for Ezrah to come out.

"why?"

Isn't it obvious why I asked him to come out?

"I am outside waiting."
It's damn cold.

I saw him walking to me with a coat hanging on his shoulder. Without saying anything, he took the paper bag and handed the coat to me.

"Are you coming with me?" He asked.

You are only here to give him the food, Nikki. I reminded myself.

Let me just wait for him to finish the food quickly. That tupperware is expensive.

Okay, I am coming.

I followed him to his unit.

"This might be the last week that I'll be staying here. I'll go back to my house." He told me as he tapped the key card on his door.

I didn't say anything. I just sat on the couch. It's been months since I last came here. I remembered that kiss here in his kitchen.

"You are spacing out." He uttered. "Have you eaten already? Whose with Gel right now?"

"He is watching tv with Earth. "

"Have you eaten already?" Ezrah asked.

"Done before I went here."

"You are just here to bring food? Come on, Nikki. Speak up."
Is he challenging me?

"Eat well. Keep the tupperware. I'll take it next time."
Nikki, what are you doing? It would be best if you talked to him about what happened.

"Okay. Should I drive you home after? or you'll book a cab?" Ezrah started eating.

Why the hell am I nervous?
I shouldn't be. I did nothing wrong to him. So what if I meet Ira before him? So what if I accepted his business offer? Why do I need to explain?

"Nikki." He keeps calling my name in an angry tone.

"Uhm... I want to be close with Ira."

"Nikki wanting to be close with someone? Am I hearing it right? You keep pushing me away for what? to be close with a married man instead?"

"That's not it. I feel connected to him somehow. I need to confirm something."

"Stop joking around and just say it directly."
He was looking at me fiercely. "You like someone, but you can't tell me who. That's because you want someone you shouldn't have. Fuck, Nikki! Whatever it is, I don't give a fuck. I'll erase everyone who is trying to mess with me. Wait for me. I'll send you home."

"I don't like Ira that way. Don't touch him. If you do, I'll be the one to erase you in this world first. No need to drive me home. I can handle myself."
I left the room.
Fuck, it's very hard for me to express myself.

I am trying to make amends by bringing him food. Our issue escalated to me liking a married man. Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

I badly needed to go to that Kirigun house. I've been thinking of them lately that they even invaded my dreams.

I brought Gel to the park when we woke up.
He was so excited to have more friends.
I just waited while he played with the other kids. I took his photo and sent it to Ezrah.

What the hell?
Why did I send it?
ughhh. I have been really out of my head these past few days. It's not like Ezrah is his father or something.

"Enjoy there. I'll meet him tomorrow." Ezrah replied.

I'll return to Surin later. It means he is not sending me today. I need to go early then. He usually let me ride his private chopper.

"Mom, my playmate said you are handsome. I told her you are beautiful." Nigel ran to me, panting. He is sweating a lot.

"Doesn't matter. I am both anyways. Drink water, baby." He almost emptied a bottle of water. "Just stay to where I can see you, okay?"

I checked more information from Thea Kirigun. She is damn rich. That was hella crazy. They said she spends millions in a single shop. That is fucking woaaaah... I can never have that amount. I will better buy properties if I gain money. I trust Ira with the business. Articles are telling that Miracle Jongcheveevat is one of the most competent businessmen second to his son. Is Aidan smart? I chuckled. He fucking looks like a puppy to me.

Wait! Where is Nigel? I was watching him playing seesaw a while ago. I ran to the playground. "Did you see my brother? He was wearing a blue shirt with a big cookie print on the middle? Khaki shorts."
I asked the nannies there.

They said they didn't notice as they were busy talking.

Ezrah.
I need his help right now.

It's been my third time calling, but he is not answering. I keep searching for Gel while I try to dial Ezrah's phone. Pick up, please.

He answered on the fourth attempt.

Earl is the one to answer. "He is currently in a business meeting, sir."

I am already crying. I told him to stay where I could see him. It's because I was busy thinking about the connection of my dreams again. It's ruining my life.

"What time will his meeting end? Can you tell him Nigel is missing... uhmmm"

"I will, sir. Anything more?" Earl asked.

"Can you please tell him I need him?"

"Sure thing, sir. I'll definitely tell him."

I asked around. Come on, Nigel. Show up!
It has been half an hour. I saw Ezrah running wearing his black suit.

He hugged me right away. "We will find him. Stop crying."
I cried more now that he was here. I am the worst brother. I only had to watch him for an hour, but I still failed.

"You have to help me, okay? He is my only family."

"I am your family too. Rest for now. I'll send you home. Earl is already searching for him. We will check all the CCTV around the place. I will go back here to help search. You have to go home first." Ezrah sent me home.

I can't rest knowing that my brother is missing. He must be crying too, looking for me.

It took them almost two hours to finally find Nigel. Ezrah called to inform me that Gel was already with him and that I could stop crying now.

I am relieved. I waited for them outside. Nigel has been crying too. His swollen eyes are telling me that he was so scared.

"Where have you been, baby? You scared me."

"I followed the balloon guy. I want to ask him how much is the balloon. I didn't realize that I was already far. Mom, I don't know how to go back." he cried loudly.

"Stop crying now. It's my fault too."

"What are you even doing that you had neglected Gel. Busy again talking to them?" He grabbed my phone. "If you can't give me a chance, then just focus on Nigel. You said you have no time for a boyfriend, right? then prove it by just taking care of your brother."
Ezrah isn't wrong. I was so busy searching for the connections of my dreams. I should stop analyzing it for now.

I just looked at Nigel. "I'll stay tonight with you." I can't go to Surin after I almost lost my brother.

"Thank you for helping, Ezrah. I mean it. But about the other things, you don't have to think about that."

"Go inside." Ezrah asked me.

"Dad, stay, please." My brother asked him.