Chapter 19

Ezrah's POV

I am currently in my office as I need to finish some paper works. I have to be here personally to meet some investors too. Nikki is at home. He met the security team already deployed for their safety.

"What is wrong with them? I'll just go to the nearest grocery to buy some ingredients. You said you want to eat chicken paella, then where is the fucking chicken?" Nikki sent me a message. I could only chuckle hearing his voice from his chat. I could imagine his face angrily typing this message.

"Baby, you can cook what is available. I don't mind eating anything prepared by my wife."

"What wife? You don't have a wife here. Call them now and tell them to open this fucking gate for me." He must be so mad now.

"I love you, baby. I'll finish this. We can go together later."

"Don't annoy me, Joaquin. Did you ask them to lock me up in your house? Ugh! What am I supposed to do now? How about Nigel? Who will pick Nigel up?"

"Us. Nigel will be dismissed at four. There is nothing to worry about, baby."

"Tell them that I have to go out." Nikki insisted.

Nope. Just stay there and wait for me. I didn't bother replying anymore.

"Joaquin."
"Ezrah."
"I am bored alone."
"Go home now."
"Tell them."
"Ezrah."
"Baby?"

I was flooded with Nikki's message after reviewing the documents for the next monthly meeting with the board. What got me was his last message.

"One of the bodyguards here is handsome."

I rubbed my eyes. Did I read it, right?

I called my assistant, Earl, and asked him to be in charge of my office. I need to go home. How could Nikki act that boldly and say that the bodyguard is handsome?

I speed up my car and arrive in just twenty minutes home.

I saw Nikki slouching and eating nuggets for snacks while watching a series.

"Move. I can't see. You are blocking the screen." He meant the tv as I am standing in front of him now.

"Who?" I asked.

"Who what? Come on, I am watching. Let's buy later after picking Nigel."
This series calmed him down...or maybe because of the handsome guard that he is saying.

"I meant, who is the handsome guard?" If I remember correctly, I only hired them based on their background in the job and not based on looks.

"Aaah!" He paused. Nikki laughed so loud after realizing something.
"I was just kidding. I was right when I thought you'll return once you read it. No handsome here. It was a joke, and if it is really true, then so what? It's not like I..."

I cut him off. "If it is true that you have a crush on someone among my bodyguards, then you will find out my true color when I am mad."

He was staring at me as I spoke.

"It is a joke."

"Then I am telling you it is not funny." I told him.

"Why is it a big deal if I think someone is handsome here? Are you crazy?!" He stood up angrily. "I don't get you."
My eyes followed him as he walked into the room. "Just let me know if it's time to pick Nigel up from school." He uttered before he slammed the door real hard.

I walked to the room too. I found him comfortably lying in bed.
"Let's go to MSU now," I asked him.

"We don't need bodyguards here. Tell them that I am your boyfriend, and I can get out even without your permission." Nikki shifted the topic.

"We need it. I am not at home with you every day."

"I don't need it.  I don't like the fact that I can go out whenever I feel like going out. Why are you doing this? Be honest with your purpose." He asked me.

"Honestly, I am worried about you and Nigel. I was fine before but having you in my life makes me worry about your safety. I am scared to lose you, and I want to monitor you 24/7. Aside from that, there is nothing more. I just love you so much. Please, give me this."

"We can't let Nigel wait." Nikki shifted the discussion again.

When we arrived at MSU, we witnessed Nigel talking to the little boys waiting for their guardians.

"See? I told you my dad is handsome and rich." Nigel ran to me, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me to the group of kids. "Tell them how rich you are, dad." Nigel sounded so proud.

Well... How to say it? No one ever asked me to admit how rich I am.

Nikki followed us.

"That is my mom. He is the best chef in the world." Nigel bragged to the kids.

"He is not a Kirigun. Why are you calling sir Reese your mommy too?"
One of his classmates asked.

"My mom is not a Kirigun, but I will be in the future." What is Nigel talking about? He is spitting nonsense.
"Back to you, dad. Tell them how rich you are." He pushed me lightly closer to the kids.

"As what Nigel said, I am rich. I can buy this MSU, and if you bully Nigel, I'll take all your family's companies." I just said it for Nigel's satisfaction.

"Don't take my dad's company, sir. We won't bully Nigel. He is our friend." The little boy said.

"Oh, wow! I didn't know you could be that cocky. Buy MSU? You are kidding me." Nikki chuckled behind me.

I am not kidding, though. If Nikki would at least spare more attention to my businesses, than he could know my net worth.

"Look at Nigel, so proud to introduce me to his friends. I don't want to let him down." I whispered to Nikki.

We had dinner at the restaurant nearby before going home. Nigel started cleaning his little kitchen when we arrived, so I had a chance to talk to Nikki again privately.

"I will choose a bodyguard for you. He will report to me what you are doing. Just wait for me to go home if you want to leave. I'll try to stay here as much as I can. If you feel bored, let me know. I can find a way."

"Every word you spew sounds boring to me. I will meet my friends tomorrow.  They missed Nigel for sure." Nikki is talking about their neighbors back from their apartment.

"Ask them to visit here instead," I suggested.

"Ezrah, this is different from what I imagined my life here with you. Are you that scared that I'll meet guys behind your back? Don't you know me? Oh my god! This sounded so familiar." Nikki is pressed again.

"Yes, I am scared. Please focus only on Nigel and me. No one else."
I told Nikki. I fell so hard now and there is no turning back.