Chapter 18

Nikki's POV

We fell asleep in the master's bedroom because of too much crying. Everything became clearer to us now. I finally understand why dreams with those people keep appearing to me. It was Tharn who keeps reminding me not to fall in love with anyone else. They made sure that I will find this guy destined for me in this lifetime.

I love Ezrah. I don't usually tell him but I really do have a strong feeling for him. Maybe it was longing. Is this love even true? Is what I feel for him truly mine? I mean, am I just feeling this because of the past? Was it just because of Tharn and Type? I know they love each other, but will Ezrah love Nikki if not because of them? My head is clouded with different thoughts.

"Baby, is your head still hurting?" Ezrah asked me.

Are we right?

"Uhm, not anymore."
We fell asleep in the same room after bursting into too much emotion.

"Do you like staying here?" Ezrah looked around the whole room.

"Let's go home. This is not ours." I told Ezrah. It will just confuse me.
"Do you really love me?"

"There is no doubt to that. Can we just stay here for a day?"

"Don't you care about Nigel at all? I need to go home. Stay here if you want." Nigel is alone with Earl. Maybe this is just my excuse not to stay here anymore.

I want to stay with Ezrah because I truly love him not because of the past that I can't even remember. I am Nikki and this is my life. I want to make new memories without thinking about other people.

We just stayed a little longer to check every room. I moved to the next room. It was Thea's. Damn, she is so pretty. Her room is filled with her portrait too.

I browsed the old photo album. It was so dusty.  I will return here to clean the house. I have three months of free time anyway.

She is really beautiful. This album was filled with her young adult photos. I checked the baby photo albums too. Is this Thea? Maybe this is Gulf or Gab. I looked closely. This seems to be a boy. I can't be wrong. I turned to other pages, these are photos of her with hair already. I returned to the first page. This is Thea. Why is she bald? It's fine, Thea. You are still pretty.

There are albums for family pictures also. They looked so happy. I am glad.

Type, did you have the best life before? Do you think I can be happy too?

I want to know everything about you.

I went to the study room. It is filled with books. Did you study well? Were you an achiever?

I lost my balance and was shocked when another small door opened. I accidentally pressed a button I guess. What surprised me more is what was inside. There is a chest full of jewelry and gold. You can't be fucking real.

There's a note on top of it.
"If you found these, then you are destined to have these. These are my precious items. Please handle it with care. Enjoy! Mwah - Type."

Am I the first one to see these?

My head is aching. It hurts. What is wrong?

"Let me go. Just let me go. I beg you. I will pay you. I don't want to be here, Tharn. I know you saved my life but you can't just trap me here. I can take care of my own now."

"What is this bag? You are going to leave me? Bad news for you. You can't leave me. There is no way I will let you." That Tharn grabbed his cheeks.
"Just behave, Type. There will be no problem."