Chapter 3

Nikki's POV

We arrived at his pad. He was right. He was alone in his place.

I wonder what method he used to get my bag in my locker. It won't be easy after I made the owner fuming with hell.

I opened his fridge; it was full of bottled water.

Useless.

His place is so clean. Looking at his dining table, I could guess that he is not using it regularly.

He has a complete cooking ware set, but it seems like he never used it all his life.
These look expensive. I have one of these pans. It was a gift to me by my colleagues on my first day at work.

What will I cook for him if his pantry and fridge are empty?

"Hey, Mr. Do you want me to just boil water for you?"

"You said you're going to cook for me for free." He replied.

"I won't make you pay for my skills, but I am expecting that I have something to cook here at least. What kind of place is this?!!!"

"I don't cook. There are frozen foods there." The toothpick replied. I remembered that scene again. Yes, I have a glimpse of his thing down there, but I wouldn't admit it to him, of course. It just happened that something was crawling in his pants. I hate to see insects in the restaurant where I am working. I've been thinking, did he bring insects to my workplace? Or do we have insects here even before? But this guy is acting like I am looking at his thing down there. Why would I look at it? It's like I don't have the same, maybe bigger than his.

"What do you want me to cook then? Nuggets steak?" I am losing my patience.

"That will do." He flashed a familiar smile. What was that?

Fuck it.

"I'll be back. I'll be in the nearest grocery store."

"I'll drive you." If I remember it correctly, the guy's name is Ezrah.

"k."

In the car, he started talking again.

"Are you always this loud?" I preferred silence. I enjoyed it more.

"No. I am just curious about you. Are you married?" His eyes are focused on the road.

"We are not close to be answering personal questions."

He looked at me.

I think my heart stopped when a blinding light from the road flashed in front of us. A deafening horn followed.

"Shit."
He cursed.

My tears started to fall. This is why I am more comfortable walking. I only trust Santa to drive for me. I am scared. I feel like an accident will happen to me anytime.

"Did I scare you? I am sorry. I'll be more careful. Look at me." He pulled his car to the side. "Nicolo, look at me. Nothing happened." He gave me a water.

"Are you going to kill me? Huh?"

"I am sorry. It's the other driver's fault." He looks worried to me.

I can't understand myself. I feel like I am not living my own life. There is something wrong. I am missing someone I do not know. I have trauma of the things I am sure I haven't experienced yet.

And now I am dying to meet this guy in my dreams. I never wanted anything this bad in my life. I want that guy in my dreams.

I ignored Ezrah until we finished buying the ingredients.

"Are you sure you are okay? Don't make me worry."

"I am fine. Please stop talking to me."

I cooked for him silently in his kitchen.

"Do you eat any food besides Paella?"

"Anything will do. You are okay, right?"

Can he just stop asking if I am okay? I am fine if he shuts his mouth.

This guy seems to be so interesting. It's not like I am interested in him.
There is just something unexplainable. I hate being with other people, but it seems light when I am with him.

I set his food on the table.

I like preparing food. The kitchen is my safe haven. Whenever I am sad, I cook.

How can I miss someone I never met? Can't he just show up and answer my question? There's also a ring appearing in my dreams engraved with T&T. Who are these people?

"Where is your plate? Are you not going to eat?" Ezrah asked me.

"No, I need to go home."

"Oh, I forgot about your wife and son. Do you want me to send you home? I'll eat quickly."

"No, I can go home alone." I told him.
"And I am not married. I don't have a kid too."

Did I just see him smile?
What was that?

"It's better then. Sit down and eat."
He sounded so bossy.

I didn't listen to him. Instead, I grabbed my bag from the couch.

"Nicolo, sit down." This sounded more authoritative.

"Don't call me Nicolo!"

"Nikki, sit down. I am asking you nicely." Ezrah stood up and set a plate for me too. "Eat. Are you afraid to taste your own food? This is safe, right?"

I just ate quickly so I could go home. I asked him to drive safely. I can't die. Nigel only has me.

I messaged my brother that a friend was sending me home, and we were almost there. When we arrived, Nigel and Earth were already waiting for us outside. Instead of checking me on the passenger seat, he walked to the driver's side and knocked on the window.

"Who is this small man?" Ezrah asked me.

"That's my brother Nigel."

Ezrah put the window down.
"Hi there, little boy."

"I am not little. What's your relationship with my mom?" Nigel asked.

"Gel!" What question was that? I think my face is burning.

Ezrah looked at me. "I thought you don't have a kid."

"Long story and I don't need to explain it to you." I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"What do you think is my relationship with him?" Ezrah asked my brother again.

"I don't know, but I hope you can be my dad," Nigel said.

Oh, shut up! I think I am going to die because of too much embarrassment.