Chapter 5

Ezrah's POV

"I'll be off tomorrow. I want to rest." I told Earl.

"Noted, sir. I'll just move your scheduled meeting tomorrow with Amaya corp next Monday. I think you have a slot that day." Earl is busy updating his schedule on his iPad while talking to me. He is my most trusted assistant. "Anyway, since you met that chef, you are always in a good mood."

Am I?

I've been dreaming of this guy over and over. He didn't appear to me for weeks already after meeting this Nikki.

He has a similarity to this guy in my dreams. I have this feeling of familiarity with Nikki. I can't understand it. What I know is that he makes me smile like a fool.

I asked Nikki to go to my place earlier than usual. He brought his brother over.

I don't know what happened to me when he accidentally got scalds from the pot. I was so mad.

"What? Why are you staring?" He scowled. "I can still cook if that's what you are worried about. Give me a minute."

"Sit down for a while. I am not in a rush." I pushed him to the couch.

"Mom, are you okay?" His brother asked him.

"Yes, baby." He sounded so sweet talking to his brother.

"I can cook. Teach me." I suggested to him. I am not heartless to let him cook with an injured hand. I don't want them to go home too.

"No need. My hand will be okay after a few minutes. I can do it." Nikki is acting tough. I have this feeling that he doesn't want to show his weakness.

This is the first time that I want to know someone better.

"Why are they calling you Ezrah? Why not Isaac? Why not Joaquin?"
Nikki asked.

"Interested in me now? That's cute. Well, to answer that, they are calling my dad Ezrah too. When I was a kid, people are calling me and my dad Ezrah, but since he died, I am the only one left." I smiled. My father died almost four years ago in a car accident.

"Ah..."

"How is your hand?" I touched it but he pulled it right away.

"Just don't touch me. Thank you." He stood up and walked to the kitchen. He is using his other hand to cook.

"He is not a bad guy." The little kid beside me said. "Nikki is a good guy. He has no time for a love life because of me."

I looked at him. I want to help him, but how? How can I do it without offending him? I can offer him a job here. I am serious about hiring him as my personal chef.

"Ezrah." He called my name softly.

"Yes?"

"Can I cook pasta too? Nigel needs to eat as well." He was shy to say this.

"Of course, cook anything you like."

"My mom's pasta is the best. It is my favorite. You would fall in love with him if you tried it." His brother whispered. I am falling already. No need to try that pasta.

Bring it on then.

I let Nigel play with my video games.

I followed Nikki with my gaze. He was focused on what he was doing. Why does he look so sad? And why am I feeling sad too? I am used to being alone, but it hits differently now. Why do I picture him as my wife? I think I am going crazy now.

"Ezrah." The way he called my name was like music to my ears.

Everything he does is so lovely to me now.