Chapter 8

Nikki's POV

Crazy!

How can he ask what's for lunch after giving me an empty threat? Did he just pat my head?

I hate this dickhead.

He thinks he has control over me. News flash, I am not someone he can control.

I still prepared our lunch because I was hungry.
"I only have chicken nuggets here. Are you eating this?"

"I am hungry, so why not?!" Ezrah answered.

"You can't be picky. Are you a kid? Eat whatever is prepared on the table."

"You sounded like a wife." He chuckled.

Wife your face.

"Just finish your food and go home. I changed my plan. I want to sleep and rest the whole day."

"Nikki, I'll visit Nigel tomorrow. What do you think I need to bring him?" Ezrah asked.

"Why would you visit my brother?"

"You are important to me, so I would want to take care of Nigel too."
It sounds funny to me. He is not even my friend. The effort he exerted just to see me was surprising.
What is this guy playing?
And instead of being annoyed at him, a part of me feels good. It feels good that someone is giving me this attention. I don't need it, but somehow I felt so important.

He returned to Bangkok, and I was left here alone thinking about his threat earlier. Who is he to ask me that?
What did he say? I will regret it if he sees me with someone else? I am curious what you will do then. Was it real? Should I try to know if he is just blabbing nonsense? Better not. Even without his threat, I have no plans of dating anyone.

He was right when he said he would visit my brother. He called me last day and left me in shock when I saw that he was with Nigel. Ezrah brought my brother gifts. I can't understand him.

It was my third week here, far from my brother. I was supposed to bring food for Aidan and Reese but they are not home. They must have returned to Bangkok after the wedding already.
I feel light when I see Aidan's face. Don't get me wrong. I don't have a crush on him. I just felt like I met him already way back.

I should have called them before going to their place. It's such a waste of time. I find Reese cute too. I know he is trying to intimidate me, but I feel like squeezing his very smooth cheeks every time.

"Where have you been?"
I was welcomed by Ezrah who is impatiently standing in front of my unit.

"To a friend."

"Who is that friend?" He grabbed my arm.

If I kick him in the balls right now, would he wail in pain? Should I try?

"Since when was I obliged to report everything to you?"

"I am just asking." He snarled.

"Asking while squeezing my arm. Nice." I pulled my arm away and grabbed his face. "To Reese's place. How about I answer you this way too?"

"Why would you go there?"
He removed my grip from his jaw.

"It's none of your business. Why are you even here?"

"Nigel said you called last night, and you have no plans of going home to Bangkok today. Can you just work for me? I'll build a restaurant for you, so you don't have to stay far away. Think of your brother!" He hissed.

"And think about you too? Can you stop acting like a boyfriend for once? This is why I hate to be in a relationship."

"Nikki!" He yelled.