Chapter 17

Nikki's POV

"Gel, did you see my phone?"

"I saw it with dad earlier. Just ask him, mom. I am busy." My little brother answered.

Oh, fine, busy kid.

Should I ask Ezrah?

I saw Ezrah walking to the kitchen. He is glaring at me, more of cursing me using his eyes. If he keeps doing that, I swear I am going to remove his eyeballs.

"What is your problem?"

"I saw Sage in your messages. You replied as well. Good job!" He is mad again about nonsense issue.

"Well, he is cute. Have you read his message?"

"Yes, he asked how are you, and you replied you are fine." Ezrah answered.

"See? What is wrong with that message?"

"He is flirting with you."

How is that fucking flirting? That message was a week ago.

"You are crazy." I just shook my head.
"Why don't you stop reading my messages?"

"Are you hiding something from me? Why will you ask me to stop?"
He asked.

"Damn it, just do what you want."
Swallow my phone if you want to. I don't mind.

"You have lots of calls from Aidan too."

"Fuck! That is Reese. Why would Aidan talk to me?"

"Well, I don't know. How about you tell me."
Fucking Ezrah is crazy. Did I fucking make a mistake in letting him infiltrate my life?
"This one too. Why is his name saved as Love on your phone?"

"Maybe, because her name is love, duh? And we stopped talking a year ago. She graduated with me."
The hell Ezrah! He is browsing my old messages.

"Okay, how about..."

"Stop. I have never been in a relationship. I never dated anyone nor flirted before. I never liked anyone else. I never had time for that. Your anxious ass can relax."

"Well, I have the right to know. Do you hate it when I check your phone?" Ezrah's hand is on my shoulder, the feeling that he might crush my bone if I gave him the wrong answer.

"I do not mind. What I hate is you keep asking me and accusing me of flirting. Remember that those messages happened even before you became my boyfriend. Just telling."
I am tired of arguing.

"I am just asking though."
He answered.

I want to actually go to the Kirigun mansion, but Ezrah said to forget it for now and focus on our relationship.

"You are not just asking and you know that."

I stayed in Nigel's room first to help him sleep. He was so busy organizing the pantry earlier.

"Baby, what is our plan tomorrow?" Ezrah asked me.

"I am planning to stay and clean the house. I don't know about your plan. Don't you have work?"

"I'll stay here, baby. I want to be with you." Ezrah told me.

"It's up to you."

"Don't you love me?" Ezrah asked me.

"Why ask?" I laughed.

"Because you are cold."

"You are my boyfriend. No need to say that all the time. You should know it already because I am here. I chose to stay with you."