Chapter 20

Time skip :)

Nikki's POV

It has been a year living with Ezrah. It has been a year that I am overwhelmed with various feelings.

Am I happy? Yes.

Am I contented? Not yet.

Something is missing. Ezrah is a great lover I would confidently say, but something inside me can't help but question my thoughts again.

Those dreams came back. Not with the Tharn and Type thing, but the death of my parents. Something is off. Since I entered the other room here in his main house, my gut feel says something isn't right.

"What are you doing?"
I asked my little brother, who is currently trying to polish Ezrah's shoes. Ezrah went to Glendale for a series of meetings.

"Cleaning dad's shoes because you are supposed to be doing it. As I have read on my books, wives are supposed to organize their husband's stuff. Don't say to dad that I did this. We will tell him that it was you. He will be happy to know that his wife is doing this for him." What are the books that he has been reading? Why would I do that? I will clean if I want to, not because I am a wife of someone or whatever.

"Stop that now and sleep."

I am left with bodyguards at home. Ezrah has been messaging me nonstop too. I am too lazy to reply so his bodyguards keep checking if I am still breathing here.

Honestly, I really have this deep feeling for Ezrah. I know it is love, but I am not sure if it is because of that old promise.

I am Nikki. I am not Type.
I am used to the comparison by the Kirigun clan.

'you are so Type'
'Type is also like this'
'Type always loves to...'
'If mama is alive he would also...'

TYPE this. TYPE that.
but then again I am Nikki.

I have a life.
I know I shouldn't feel the pressure, but I can't just stop thinking about it

Is it wrong to feel that the respect and care they are giving me is because I am Type in my previous life?

Or am I really?

Am I really?

What if they were wrong?

But if they are wrong, then why those memories keep flashing now like I am the one really living in his past life?

If I will be truly honest, I feel lonely somehow.

I feel this pressure to live and act as how they expected me to be.

For sure if Reese isn't there in that mansion, I will stay away from them to find my true self. The True Niccolo Serrano. Not the Type Kirigun they love and cherished.

Type really left a history that they adore.

I keep asking myself, was this really my own feeling or this love I have for him is owned by that guy from the portrait?

Type Kirigun. I touched my chest again. Every time I think of him, my heart stings.

You love Ezrah and he loves you, Nikki. Stop thinking about negative thoughts.

This apologetic feeling I have for him won't just fade away.

I am sorry, Type.
I have my own life.
And I will live by my own rule.
Fuck everything!

My phone vibrated for the nth time. This clingy Ezrah I swear. How can I tell him that I don't need an update of every single thing he does?

Lazily, I picked up my phone.