T w e n t y - e i g h t

Hazel Williams

I picked Moon up carefully and got out of the house, the directions to the mall twirling in my mind. Jace tagged along, but we decided he'll wait for me on the car.

After about 15 minutes I got out of the car standing in front of a big white building. The mall was enormous, filled with shops and everything else.

I walked inside and it was crowded, there was a lot of people, like really a lot.

I walked inside of the pet store and greeted the worker. She looked like someone just broke up with her, she's grumpy.

I decided to get Moon a leather dark green collar.

Now I need to get him a bed. There was so many good options, but I had to think of a one thing, Moon is an Alaskan malamute, he's gonna be a pretty big dog so I'll get a bigger bed. I got a large gray bed and put it in the shopping cart.

Will Jace be mad about me spending money? God, I hope not. I mean, it's for our dog.

I need to get him some bowls. I grabbed two concrete bowls, one turquoise and the other one brown.

Next is a leash.
I went over to the isle and got a dark green leash to match with his collar.

I went over to buy some toys, so I got a crate and I put the toys inside. This dog is going to be so spoiled.

Lastly, I got him some food and hygiene products. With a pat on his head, I approached the register

"Hello, how can I help you today?" The cashier didn't even bother to look up at me, her eyes were glued to her phone.

"I just wanted to buy this stuff for my dog." I muttered. Again, she didn't look up. I moved to the side for a second, just to see what she was looking at. I know it's rude, but she works here and she should be serving the costumers.

My heart dropped when I saw what she was looking at. The picture on the Instagram page were Jace's. And she liked every single one.

"Give me five minutes." She said, popping a balloon with the bubble gum in her mouth.

I pulled out my phone and scrolled to Jace's contacts.

Jace<3

Hi, this cashier over here is really rude and doesn't want to serve me. She's looking at your Instagram page. I know I shouldn't be jealous but I am, can you please come here?

Within a minute, there was a reply. I couldn't help but smile at his reply and I bit my lip.

Oh, baby. I'll be there in a minute, my love.

And, within a minute, he was there. Finally, the girl looked up and her eyes went wide in shock. The biggest smile crawled up on her face.

"Oh, my God! Can I have your number? I've been crushing on you for so long!" I saw the moment her face instantly fell when Jace gripped my waist and pulled me closer, his lips entangling with mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he let out a groan in approval. He pulled away and glared at the cashier.

"How about you serve my wife instead?" I rested my forehead against his shoulder in an attempt to hide my red face.

The cashier cleared her throat and started scanning my stuff immediately.

Ten minutes later, we were laughing in the car. I caught my breath, "Wife, huh?" I said, turning my head in his direction, my cheek on the headrest.

He did the same, looking at me. "Soon to be, and I can't wait for it." He placed my hand in his and smiled. "Listen, love. I've never really cared this way about anyone. It's like, when I'm losing my control and the whole city starts to spin around.. You're the only one who knows how to make it stop. Just with a simple touch."

A massive smile made it's way onto my face and I leaned in to give him a kiss. He wasted no second and intertwined our lips together, letting his hand rest on my waist.

"Can you drop me off at the cafe? I'm feeling some coffee right now. I can walk home from there, just take Moon and the stuff I bought." I whispered and he nodded immediately, starting the car.

I was now walking home from the cafe, with a latte in hand. I couldn't stop thinking about how dreamy Jace was.

His smile, especially his dimples. His hair, it's so fluffy and I love to run my hands through it. God, his eyes.

Everything. Literally everything about him.

I locked the door of our house and kicked off my shoes, immediately running up to our room.

Lola and Jace. Kissing.
______________
AHOY IM ALIVEEEEEEEE

YUH

UPDATE IS 7.7.2023.