The little voice~

Close your eyes. Don't be scared, I'm here. I'm always here. You can't see me though. I'm in your mind. I'm the one who keeps you from going crazy, I'm the one who heals you, your heart, but also the one who breaks it. I'm the voice in your head who tells you you're not enough. I'm your worst enemy, but I'm also your friend. Accept me. Oh you can't? Well that's a pity, cuz you're stuck with me forever. You can try to change me, mislead me, fake me by acting like I'm someone else. One day you might even understand me, but you'll never get rid of me and that's a promise. Little did you know. Time exists. It doesn't stop. You WILL change, you WILL evolve. You can't stop it. People will come and people will go, fall will turn into winter, leaves will fall and everything will become dark again. Death will come too, one day. You can never be fully prepared. Time doesn't care. You will meet soulmates, new potential friends, lovers, enemies.. You'll feel excitement and joy. Maybe for a few moments nothing at all. You'll feel knives being stabbed into your heart and then later the relief when you've made peace with it. You will say 'hi' to someone for the first time and say goodbye to them for the last. You'll leave people, probably more often as they leave you.. You will feel things, see things. Experience things like never before. A period in your life that all your senses will be heightened. Love, passion, even small things like the feeling you get when you look at someone and you know you care about them and it's mutual. The details. It's a story never written before and you are the protagonist. That's when you'll feel most alive. I'll see that. I'll be there with you every step of the way, every breath you take. I am your soul. Don't be scared. You don't have to feel alone anymore. Get to know me, every part. I might surprise you. Curse me, hate me, love me, choose.. But never forget my promise.