CHAPTER 14

Jisoo stood their frozen in her spot, what he had just said she couldn't process. "didn't want to ruin her social life?" what-did he meant? What was going on...

The sudden outburst of Mr. SEOK was very confusing for her. He hadn't been like this before and today, for the first time he acted like this. This was something to worry about.

Everything was bizarre today, her ankle sprain, that flowers guy everything. What the hell was going on...

Jisoo started to massage her head, she couldn't bear the pressure. After taking a few deep breath something clicked in her mind,

Rosane reaction from before, the way she acted was very weird. It was like she felt scared after seeing something.

Then it instantly hit her, it must be him. It must be him, she must have seen him while she was taking her frustration out, he must have been there and heard her.

She was really doomed, a squeal escaped her lips, what was she gonna do.

Everything made sense now, she couldn't move, it was a very intense moment and she had to save her life but how?

That beast would easily eat her alive she thought. She started to bite her nails in nervousness at the same time her phone again ringed,

This sudden ring startled her, it was Rachel again,

"Where are you unnie? It's been half an hour. The karaoke is only for 1 and half an hour. You are late." she spoke almost in a frustrated tone.

Jisoo hardly spoke anything and simply answered,

"I'm gonna be there sweety, Just wait. The karaoke is near my office anyways. I'll be there in 10 minutes." she immediately hung up.

She checked the time, it was almost 5.30 pm. She was really late, she rushed outside and took a cab to the karaoke club.

Some people are sometimes misjudged, we think they can be monsters but behind that monstrous face there is a angelic face and we take alot of time to realise that.

************

Author pov.

Mr. Seok was driving while thinking about the words he heard before, he couldn't just shrug those words off his mind. It showed that those words had a quite an effect on him.

He couldn't even drive with attention, his mind was still stuck in the past. This annoyed him, afterall being a perfectionist this was the worst torture for him.

He put his foot on the accelerator and accelerated the car's speed.

He had to reach to Park's office soon, only he could help him out now.

Meanwhile Rachel ...

Rachel was sitting in her booked room scrolling on the phone what else she could do. She was so into her phone that she didn't realised someone coming inside.

She only realise when that person came and sat beside. She abruptly turned her head to that person.

The women dressed in a black suit was staring at her with a smile on her face. For a moment Rachel was confused, who was she?

Rachel slowly smiled and spoke awkwardly,

"May I help you, Mam?" I waited for an answer but she kept staring at me. I was so confused, I didn't even know what to say. I blinked my eyes slowly, after thinking for a while I opened my mouth again,

"Is there anything I can help you with, you can be comfortable with me, mam." i again smiled to make her feel at home.

This time her lips curved in a smile, her hands were in her lap, the black purse was tightly held by her like there was something important in it.

" Well I was expecting that you might know me but you really have no idea." the lady spoke in a very calm and slow voice.

Her way of talking, sitting everything showed royalty. Like she was from some very fine background.

Her words made Rachel surprised, whatever she said was really intriguing.

" Um.. To be frank, I really don't know you Miss, you might have got the wrong person." i still gently replied to her. Thr atmosphere was really awkward.

"You can't know me until she tells you, I was expecting her to be here but I guess she must be on her way." the lady, slowly opened the purse in her hand and took out a phone.

She checked something on it and then put it away,

"She'll be here anytime." the lady straightened herself and turned to the door.

I was now freaked out, who was she talking about. Jisoo wasn't here and I felt very weird around this strange lady.

"But who is this she?" I questioned. "You'll see." i could feel her smile.

Soon after sometime the door opened and Jisoo stepped in. As she did, she froze in her spot.

Her face turned white and her eyes were stuck on that lady. She looked horrified by seeing her. Her eyes explained that she knew her. The door got stuck by her frozen figure between the door.

The loud music being played in other rooms made the atmosphere less silent. After Jisoo took few steps in the door closed and again whole atmosphere became dead silent,

"Shocked? I see." the old lady broke the silence. The expression of Jisoos face were of many colors,

"What are you doing here?" she asked, finally she opened her mouth after big silence.

"I came to check on you, after all you have been away from home for many years now, daughter." the old lady kept surprising me.

What was this daughter thing? Jisoo her daughter what was going on?

"I'm not your daughter, stepmom. We don't have any relation. I don't belong to that family anymore." she spoke sternly. Her voice showed pain, hatred everything.

"Well yes, you are right but you'll have to do one last thing before breaking off the ties with the family, honey." the lady was gentle as before. She spole calmly and didn't show any other expression.

Whereas Jisoo looked like she will collapse anything and fall on the floor,

"I'll call you later then, Rachel let's go." Jisoo finally addressed me, I stood up and took slow steps to her.

"You better soon." the old lady also got up and walked out of the room. Everything felt very weird. Jisoo without saying a word also strolled out leaving me behind.

I didn't know how to react to all this but I have to play along and keep the silence so I simply followed her.

To be continued...