CHAPTER 17

I was so engrossed in the presentation, that I didn't realize that someone was standing beside me. I slowly turned my head and saw a familiar figure. I wasn't shock to see him. I got up from my seat,

"You want something?" I skipped the formalities and went straight. I already had alot on my plate. I wanted everything to be perfect today so I had to remain calm.

The guy stood there silent and didn't say anything. I was so done, he just stood and stared at me like he was lost in something.

I snapped my fingers in front of him bringing him back to the real world,

"You might be free but others are working dude! Get a grip on yourself." i spoke bluntly and threw my body back on my seat.

"it's not like I came here by choice, Irene sent me here. She wants you to be in her office." he spoke quickly and walked away.

He was one weird guy, I simply ignored him as I couldn't do anything else than that and checked myself in the mirror.

My heart started to beat at an abnormal pace, I took deep breath and stood up. It was time for me to shine. I thought to myself and walked to Miss Soos office.

The whole staff today was so engrossed in work that it felt like nobody works harder than them. Piles of files and other paper work was placed on different desk.

Everyone was rushing here and there.. I was just concerned about that boss like was he really that stern and strict.. No one dared to be free at least no today.

I had a bit of nervousness inside me but I was also sure that my work was perfect.

I was confident, as I walked in Irene's office,

"hey Rachel, I was waiting for you. Let's go it's time. I hope you are ready." she said as she stood up from her seat and walked towards me.

I smiled at her, "let's go then?" I was excited for my first work and I wanted everyone to see my capability.

*************

After some minutes I was standing in the office. Everything was ready but the CEO wasn't here yet. I stood silently on the other end of the room where the projector was.

It was finally the time when a group of men entered the room, it was sure now the boss was here and this meeting would start any minute.

My heart started to beat rapidly, I took deep breaths to hide my nervousness.

I plastered at smiled on my face and kept my eyes on the door. As all men were in, someone else came behind them.

I was horrified to see him, how could that be? How could he be here? What was going on?

I felt horror inside me. I couldn't move my body. I felt frozen whereas he, he sat calmly on the chair which was right in front of me but on other side of the table.

He looked normal like nothing was happening. I mind became gloomy, everything I remembered had flew away from my mind.

I gulped the big lump in my throat as I felt someone's touch on my arm, it was Irene.
She gave me a comforting smile, I smiled back.

At that moment I thought, I shouldn't be nervous. When he doesn't care about the past why should I.

I took deep breaths in and then spoke,

"Hello everyone, I'm Kang Rachel. I have been so thankful to you for choosing me for such important project. I'll begin with my presentation without any delay."

I stopped and took the remote of the projector then turned it on.

"you'll see files in front of you. If you open them you'll see the different projects which I have selected can be very useful to hype up our companies stock." I continued. Everyone in the room began to open the files except him.

His eyes were stuck on me like he couldn't do anything else than stare at me. I didn't let his glare effect me and kept talking.

"The main projects we have invested in are mostly about computers and it's technology. If we look at other exciting projects which can boost up our stock, it'll be a huge step for us in other fields."

I kept myself together and tried to give my best. Everyone seemed pretty engaged, I felt more confident after each second.

In a blink of an eye, the presentation was done. Everyone stayed silent and looked at the person sitting in the middle, Jeon Jungguk.

"Miss Kang, indeed you have done a great work but Why do you have this idea in mind that by stepping in Cosmetic industry we can make boost our stock?" this was the first time he spoke.

I bowed in front of him before answering, "Sir, cosmetic industry is in Fashion now a days. Makeup is in big demand and in recent years everyone who invested in cosmetical companies have been grown to a very amazing level."

I looked at him then turned to others, " if you looked at this slide, you'll see how these people have risen their companies."

Everyone attentively looked at the projector and studied everything.

" But you missed a point, look how much they have lost. Makeup is in demand but you must know about the problems which will arise with it." he stopped and stared at me then stood up.

"You are a women yourself, you must know how makeup can react sometimes. You prepared well but forgot about this point. I would like you come in my office and you'll present me another presentation same day next week." with that he walked out of the meeting room

I stood shocked, contemplating what he had just said. What? He didn't even let me answer. This was all about chemicals and but wait he was a mafia wasn't he what was he doing here?

Ugh my mind was becoming dizzy again. What was wrong with this man.

"Rachel you don't need to feel bad, you did a good job. Now go to his office, I guesd you left a good impact on him. Straight from here then at left you'll see his office." I heard Irene's voice then I felt her pushing me

My body started to move on it's own, I wasn't even attentive and didn't know where I was going. Soon I saw myself in front of a glass door from where I couldn't see but I was sure the person side could see me.

I knock and walked inside...there he was sitting. His one leg resting on other, a strange look was on his face. I couldn't understand what would he say,

"I don't wanna talk about past." these words left my lips on their own and...

To be continued...