CHAPTER 16

In  midnight, out of sudden my eyed opened. Something made me wake up in unease, I felt sweat on my face. Was I seeing some bad dream? I had a problem that I always used to forget the dreams and this problem was still following me.

My body went cold as a whisk of air past through me. My eyes traced all the way to the window and I felt so stupid, it freezing cold weather I had left the window open.

I stepped down and strolled slowly to close the window when I heard shouts coming from the room right beside mine, it was Jisoos room.

"She's marrying him and wants me to give her blessing? Are you insane? Why do you always have to support her?" her voice showed intense hatred and pain.

Everything was just mixing up, I felt like I never knew her, whatever I was hearing all of a sudden about her life was new.

What was she actually hiding and who the hell was that women whose presence caused such misery in her life?

I was in a state of confusion, I didn't know whether to go and talk to her or not. Though she had always been with me but it was because she knew everything about me.

While I heard everything accidently and I couldn't even just show up and tell her that I know her life problems just to make everything worse.

I let out a deep breath and went back to lay down on the bed. There must be a way...i thought.

I'll surely talk to her in the morning, I had made up my mind. I had to be with her...

IN THE MORNING

I couldn't sleep after hearing Jisoos conversation, the exhaustion made me dose off for half a hour and even after it, I was woken up but the doord slamming.

I instantly woke up and rushed to the window, there doon appeared Jisol carrying her suitcase. She was leaving early. I shifted to the clock and it was almost 6 am. It still had 20 minutes before 6. I rapidly pick up my phone lying on the side table and dialed her phone number.

Jisoo already had sat in the cab and moved away. After trying for sometime she picked up,

"Hey, Unnie you left so soon?" I asked with pretense happiness in my tone.

"Oh Yea, I had to go early. I'll be back in a week. You must take care of yourself."

Her words activated remorse in my heart. I felt so guilty of being no help to her whereas she was still worrying about me. I felt disappointed.

"No I'll be fine but make sure to be careful unnie, whatever is bothering you will soon end. You just need to take deep breath in and out and everything will be fine soon. I'm sure." I tried my best to make her feel better.

"Thankyou Rachel." Ididn't know ether she smiled or not but I could feel her calm with that she ended the call.

I took the phone away from my ear and kept staring it. I thought my life was worse while she was suffering for how long in silence.

***************

I started to get ready for office as I had alot of time today to get ready so I decided to take a nice long bath. It was a day for myself so I had to pamper myself well.

Meanwhile Jisoo

Soon the cab came to halt in front of a luxurious apartment building. The upper class, I let out a bitter laugh.

Ego, pride, selfishness and many other disgusting things exist in them but he, he was different. He didn't had that ego but he had that gruesome aura which made everyone terrified.

I took out my suitcase and started to walk away. I had to move to the parking lot to place my suitcase before going upstairs. As I was walking in, I heard some noises,

"The deal will be done but I don't it's necessary to go to that wedding you know." a manly sound echoed there.

I choose to ignore it as I thought it may be someone else but as I walked further I saw Mr Seok leaning on the car with his phone on his ear.

I immediately stopped in my spot and soon he also realised my presence and ended the call.

I bit my inner cheek and started to walk again,

"Good morning Mr. Seok. If you are ready we can make a move to the airport." I wanted to keep everything simple and to the point.

I had alot going in my life, I wanted everything to be simple now.

"No, we'll first discuss about the project in my apartment, flight is at 10, we got plenty of time." he spoke slowly while doing something in his phone.

I nodded then moved away to put my suitcase in the trunk. While doing so I saw him walking out so I hurried up and paced behind him.

While I walked behind him, my phone ringed. There was some message. I opened to check from whom it was but as I did so my blood boiled,

"Is it really that painful to give me blessings? Afterall he rejected you.. It must hurt right?" she had such nerve.

I felt like a lava which was now burning with fire which wanted to burn everything.

I took a deeo breath and clenched my jaw. My grip around the phone tightened, I had to be calm.

RACHEL POV.

As I walked in the office, I saw everyone seated on their desk engrossed in work. This was unusual because at this time no one used to be at office.

I was thrilled to see everyone working but then it clicked me that the new boss had to come.

I chuckled after all for the sake of their jobs they now had to put good impression on the new boss.

I walked in and seated on my desk. It was mys second day and I was assigned some presentation about new projects which could boost up companies stock.

I had tons of plans, investing in some beauty companies was huge success these days. I had done a through work on my presentation. I was so ready for it.

As I was giving last look on the presentation I prepared, I saw Irene coming towards me, I stood up. She gave me that beautiful smile which she always had on her face,

"Good morning Rachel. I hope you are fine..well I wanted to check up on that presentation." she spoke.

I knew she wanted me to give my best as she showed liking for me from the start.

"Yes, You can check if you want--" she interrupted in the middle and spoke,

"No, boss will be here soon just be ready." she walked away. I felt my heart racing, I hope everything went well....

To be continued....

~