7 - freshly squeezed chewed pants

Charlie, Lorraine, and I had just arrived from school when we headed inside the Baker's house. Charlie pointed out the car in which Nora and Hank had driven in. Charlie's eyes lingered on the beautiful car for a moment before we stepped inside.

''Hey, everyone!'' Charlie announced, walking inside, waving with his hand.

A few of the kids were sitting on the couch, but when I walked deeper inside, I saw Hank sitting on a couch opposite of them.

''What happened?'' Lorraine asked, looking at Hank in a robe with a confused face.

''What happened?'' Hank squealed, turning from Lorraine to the others. ''these little kids ruined my clothes!''

Charlie began to smile but hid it with his hand.

''Sorry to hear that,'' I said, my voice having a hint of sarcasm. ''I'm Natalie.''

''Hi, Natalie,'' Hank replied, looking at me just for a few seconds before turning away.

Charlie and I walked inside the kitchen, looking for Nora. Charlie had told me that Nora would like me several times. It made me blush every time, seeing how excited he got to tell me about our meeting.

''Hiya- NORA!'' Lorraine exclaimed, running towards her sister and hugging her from the side.

I had never seen Lorraine so excited.

''Lorraine!" Nora called out her name just as loudly, hugging her tightly.

She welcomed Charlie into a hug, letting go of Lorraine.

''Natalie! Hi, come here!'' Nora said, waving for me to come closer, and hugging me.

When she let go, her eyes transferred to Charlie again, eyebrows raising suddenly, as she smiled a bit. She turned back to Mr. and Mrs. Baker. They continued talking about Nora's apartment.

''Mom, how much time do we have until dinner?'' Charlie asked.

''Maybe forty minutes,'' she replied.

''All right,''

Lorraine remained in the kitchen with Nora and joined the conversation. Soon, Charlie and I joined the others, walking behind the couch.

''Just stop with the staring!'' Hank said, wobbling his head and giving the kids a stare.

Charlie and I looked at each other briefly, sharing a small smile.

''Where are the others?'' I asked, looking at Kim, touching her shoulder briefly.

''Oh, no idea,'' she replied, prolonging the word no. She turned around to give me a small smirk, but then faced Hank again.

''They already had their little prank on me, but they could be up to no good anyway,'' Hank replied, pursing his lips and sitting back.

I turned my eyes away as he crossed his legs again, relaxing on the couch, wearing the robe.

''Want to go up to my room?'' Charlie asked, seeing my eyes turn away from Hank.

''Yeah,'' I replied, blinking enthusiastically.

''So you two going at it?'' Hank's voice stopped us from taking a few steps away from the couch.

Charlie's eyes widened and he turned around, facing Hank's smirk.

''No, Hank, we're not,'' Charlie replied, giving an awkward smile, his voice trembled slightly, having a light tone of joking.

Charlie and I walked upstairs and I observed the house in awe.