16 - that's what i like about you

We welcomed Mark back to the house that morning and decided on meeting for Beans' funeral later. Although Charlie and I had always stayed close together when walking or driving, the others hadn't noticed anything different.

''I'm going to get a nice nap now,'' I said, waving with my hand and starting to cross the street. I looked at Mark and smiled. ''glad to have you back.''

''Thanks, Natalie,'' Mark replied and smiled warmly.

Some of the kids ran inside the house, Lorraine aiding them inside. When Nora was done talking to Mr. Baker, he and Mrs. Baker walked up to me. Charlie took a few steps closer too, listening in on the conversation.

''It means a lot that you came with us, Natalie,'' Mrs. Baker began. ''all the kids like you so much...''

''Yeah, they do,'' Mr. Baker smiled and briefly glanced at Charlie.

''Well, you know, I'm just glad to fit in so nicely,'' I smiled back and looked at Charlie. ''let me know at what time I should come.''

''Uhhh, yeah,'' Charlie nodded and scratched his neck.

The morning sun was shining on the street and I winced, watching it hit my eyes. I realized just how tired I was.

''Well, I'll let you guys relax too. I need some sleep as well,'' I said.

I briefly looked at Charlie but knew that slipping away from Mr. and Mrs. Baker right under their eyes at that moment would shock them. However, I later realized just how much everyone already knew. They must have thought we had already been together since the first week.

''Night everyone- or good morning, oh, I don't know,'' I said, correcting myself several times and turning around to walk to my house.

''I'll call you later!'' Charlie said and I turned around to see his red cheeks. Although, they were far less red than before.

When I had told everything, apart from my kiss with Charlie, to my parents, I texted Dean about it. If there was anyone that should know - it was him. Only a minute later, I got a response.

i knew it would happen. i bet it was all because of my amazing sneaky plan during that party :D

I laughed to myself, reading his message.

yeah, suuure, Dean. You tell yourself that. Either way, I was so surprised! We'll meet later today as well, but I want to take a nap now.

Dean responded quickly and I was already in bed.

I am really glad about it, sleep well :)

I put my phone down and tried to fall asleep. I had closed the curtains and gotten into my pajamas. Nothing helped me fall asleep, as all I could think about was Charlie.

And I only saw him after a few hours of sleep and a nice shower. As I was getting out of the shower, I heard my phone ringing inside my room.

''Natalie, your phone!'' my dad's voice called out.

''Yeah, I can hear it!'' I replied loudly, walking inside my room.

''Is it Charlie?'' he asked, tilting his head.

''Uhhh, maybe,'' I replied, in a slightly more mysterious tone than I had intended to. ''he might be calling me to say when I should come over.''

''Yeah, all right,'' my dad smiled back and I walked inside my room.

It was indeed Charlie calling me and I picked up the phone with a smile on my face.

''Hey!'' I said, still hiding behind the closed curtains in case he or someone else was standing under my window.