Chapter 2 : The steps that sparks the will.

*The Next Day, Takobah Municipal Beach Park. Early morning.

Izuku arrived at the beach, seeing a man smoking there with a Hawaiian-pattern shirt on.

"Kiryu-san!" Izuku yelled as he ran down the stairs to the thrash filled beach.

Kiryu put his cigarette away and threw it into a thrash bin nearby "You got here early."

Izuku nodded "Y-Yes! I was very excited...." and nervously scratched the back of his head.

Kiryu grinned "Heh, it's good to be early. Alright, let's see what we have to work with." and grabbed Izuku's arm.

Kiryu can notice right away that Izuku is skinny, very skinny. He will need a lot of work to even get into a proper state to do a good punch.

"I-I'm sorry.. I know that I m-must be wasting your time, right?" Izuku said as he looked down.

Kiryu gave Izuku a firm pat on the back "Hey, we just started. I'll need to whip your mind into shape as well."

Kiryu then walked over to an old car tire, he lifted it with an arm, and put it down "Perfect, this is what we'll start with. Do some stretches and some light exercise, down and give me 20 at least."

Izuku put his water bottle down and nodded, he then got to do what can be considered as a person-who-has-never-done-a-push-up-before's push-up.

After working up a bit of sweat, Izuku got back up to see Kiryu standing next to a truck that he brought with him "Alright, here's the plan."

Kiryu then pointed at the dirty beach around them "This will be your perfect training ground, you'll clean up this beach as a way to toughen up yourself. Then I'll teach you how to fight."

Izuku looked around, and noticed a huge pile of trash and garbage all around them  both "T-That's a lot of s-stuff."

Kiryu then pulled out his phone "If my memory serves, then the entrance exams for those U....something students are 10 months away. You must complete this before then."

Izuku tilted his head "Eh...but why? I can't go to U.A. with no quirk."

Kiryu grinned "It's like we set up a goal, you'll need to compete with them. Since you don't have special powers you'll have to work twice as hard just to be able to match them. I even have a reward for you ready."

"A-a reward? For me?" asked Izuku.

Kiryu nodded "But you'll need to finish all of this first, are you ready to become a completely new you?"

Izuku clenched his fist "Yes! I'll work harder than ever before!"

Kiryu crossed his arms "Good! Now start!"

And so, began Izuku's hellish training.

The training plan was simple. On weekdays, Izuku would come early in the morning, finish what he can, go to school, come back here to work on more of it, then go home to rest.

Kiryu wasn't sure at first that Izuku would be that motivated to push it through, but he was quickly proven wrong on the first day. He now realized that the boy may not be strong now, but sure is determined.

Izuku quickly began with the smallest, but has heavy for it's size things, he would be able to start small but strong and slowly work his way up.

"Hmmm, he might actually do it. Now what about the diet...." Kiryu muttered to himself.

*Day 4

Kiryu walked back to see Izuku already hard at work in the morning "Hey, Midoriya. Come here for a second."