Chapter 15: A day of recharge

Bakugo jolted awake again, bandages wrapped around him. He looked around him, it looks like he is in Recovery Girl's office.

"What...I...I lost..." Bakugo looked at his arms, they were sore from his constant uses of his quirk.

"Ah, you've awaken. Feeling anything? Besides the ego and the rage?" Recovery Girl walked in holding a tray of supplies.

Bakugo put his hands down "How long was I out for?"

"Six hours, Midoriya predicted as such too."

Bakugo laid down on the bed, it is as if his word has shattered "Impossible...How?...I was supposed to be above him! Above everyone else! Me! But why...?"

'I thought that I was given the rights to be the best! But why does he always seem to be...far above me? When I looked behind and saw no one, I thought that I was so far ahead and was the number one...'

Bakugo looked at his patched up bruises "...But instead...He wasn't far behind, he so was far ahead that I couldn't see him."

Recovery Girl put her things away and sat down at her chair "Having a revelation? I'm surprised."

"Shut up! I'm so confused! Why is he so much better!? He was nothing only a year ago, and has always been a quirkless failure. But how!? How is he now...stronger!"

Bakugo then got up and grinned "I-I got it now! He's looking down on me! He must've...had some secret power that he hid from me! THAT TRICKY MOTHE- AUGH!" he was cut off as Recovery Girl has had enough of his shit.

"Have your pride been shattered so hard that you're deluding now!? My god, the relationship between you two is among the worst I've seen in all the years of my career. He doesn't hide anything! And up until the last month, you were his only friend! Looking down on you!? You blew up a hole on his stomach that I wasn't able to heal fully in one go." Recovery Girl angrily yelled at Bakugo.

Bakugo, for the first time in his life, listened. He sat up straight "Then...why did he...back when we were kids...he reached out to help me back when I fell on the river.."

Recovery Girl massaged her head "Have you ever heard of 'Friends', sonny? My god."

Bakugo's head dropped, he glanced at the table next to him and spotted a gold medal, the prize for winning "How?!"

"Nezu announced that the last match was just for funsies for you kids, you are the winner still. Congrats." RG then walked  back to document supplies.

Bakugo grabbed the medal and spotted a note under it, he picked it up to reveal a message.

'Get well soon, sorry for kicking you so hard.' - your friend, or whatever I am to you, Deku.

Bakugo was about to throw the piece of paper down the trash, but something stopped him, he looked at it again, before putting it back in his pockets and getting up "Granny, where the fuck is Deku? You just healed him, right?"

"He went to the Central Hospital, apparently he needs to pay a visit to someone."

Bakugo thanked her before leaving with his things, 'Friend...But he's under me...Why the fuck is this shit so difficult!? That useless, worthless....Deku...'

"Okay, first step is done. It is now only a matter of time." Nezu looked on from the vents.

*At the central hospital.

Tenya is currently sitting on a chair next to his brother,  who is laying down on a hospital bed after undergoing a crucial surgery to save his life.

'I pass the title of Ingenium to you, Brother.' Tensei's message played in Tenya's head.

Tenya then heard the sound of the door opening, he turned around to see Izuku walking in, wearing a different set of clothes.