Chapter 24 : The Shadow of Onomichi

*Onomichi, Hiroshima.

Kiyomi Kasahara, the owner of a local bar, heard some voices and yelling outside her building. She quickly walked out to see what's going on.

"Nagumo-kun? What's  going on?"

In front of Kiyomi, is Nagumo laying on the ground after being bodied by Izuku, who is standing nearby.

"I-It's nothing...just some guys fighting it out. Right?" Nagumo turned to Izuku.

Izuku nodded "Yes. Sorry to bother you, M'am."

Toru walked up behind them with a satisfied smile "Good. Since Nagumo here has had his answer, let's go back in to discuss business."

"Wait!" Kiyomi called out.

The three turned back around to see what she has to say.

"When you men are done with whatever, come grad a drink at the bar. On the house." Kiyomi pointed at the direction of her establishment.

Nagumo gave her a thumbs up "Sure!"

The three then walked back inside.

*Inside the Hirose Family HQ

Nagumo sat down "So, what's your name again?"

"Izuku Midoriya." 

Nagumo noted it down "Izuku...Midoriya....Got it. Dang, you hit hard.", he rubbed his chin while massaging his sore body.

"Well, Kiryu-san did train me well. Gotta do what you can when you're quirkless." Izuku replied before taking a sip of the tea that Toru made.

Nagumo's eyes has a look of surprise "Quirkless? Oh, you must've been bullied a lot huh?"

"Hmm?"

Toru spoke up "Nagumo and me here are also quirkless. But we're older now, so it's not that bad. But for a youngling like you, must be horrible."

Izuku replied with a straight face "My best friend told me to jump off a roof."

"Yikes." Nagumo quietly replied.

Toru then steered back to the main topic "So, Midoriya-san. I suppose you're here about the recent actions of the villains?"

Izuku pulled out his letter "Not directly, but this." and put the Shie Hassaikai pin on the table.

Nagumo picked it up "Oh! I saw this a while back!"

"You did!?" Izuku needed to know.

"Yeah. They were causing some trouble on our turf. Seems like they're looking for people to join. They tried to even bribe the other subsidiary families too."

Toru read the letter quietly "So you're here asking for the Yomei's help."

"An alliance, yes." Izuku replied, "If the Shie Hassaikai got their way, the opportunity for them to strike might be closer than we think. The villain attacks have been more aggressive and specific lately."

Toru looked at Izuku "What's your goal in this?"

"I don't want innocent people to be involved in all this Yakuza business." Izuku replied while looking at the elder back in the eye.

Toru chuckled a bit before sitting upright "I like you, kid. You've got heart. I'll send a word up to the Masuzoe Family and see if we can arrange a meeting with the boss. Nagumo."

"Yeah?"

Toru stood up "Take Midoriya-san here to the bar, enjoy the night. He's a guest, remember?"

"Oh! Great! Let's go!" Nagumo walked to the door with Izuku following behind.