Chapter 26 : The Scientist's Gamble

Izuku and Melissa quietly ate  breakfast. 

"So...who called you?"

"Hmm?" Izuku asked back with his mouth full.

"On the phone."

"U.A. Principal, Nezu." Izuku replied after  swallowing, "He called me to check in after he saw the news."

Just as he was about to take another bite, another call pinged his phone.

He sighed and stood up, seeing as this time it was from Daigo.

"Dojima-san."

"Midoriya. Is everything alright?"

Izuku sighed "Even you too?"

"Yes. I was able to tell right away that only you can make that miracle. Is Miss Shield safe?"

Izuku turned to Melissa "Yeah. She's here. Safe and Sound."

 "Good. Since things starts to get real now, it would be best if I pull you out and sent some more men in to deal with this."

"What!?" Izuku yelled, surprising Melissa, "Why? I thought you were trying to hook me up or something?"

"Midoriya. It's too dangerous. And the reason I told you to bring her here is that because your apartment is off the maps and radars around there."

....

"You two didn't do anything, right?"

" We didn't."

"Good. But things are getting really life-threatening now, Midoriya."

"Well, you didn't say that when I went against Stain now, did you?"

"W-Well, true. But that time I was aware of Heroes being nearby. Besides, this is much bigger than a solo villain like Stain." Daigo's tone shifted into a more serious note, "This is about the darker side of the society I always told you about. The place where the HPSC tried so hard to hide away from society like it doesn't exist."

Melissa  got up and walked over to him "Midoriya? Everything alright?"

Izuku didn't speak at all.

"Midoriya..." Daigo continued, "If you're willing to go through with this, you can't go back. You'll become like me, like Majima-san, like Saejima-san, or even Kiryu-san. This is-"

"I'll do it." Izuku replied.

Daigo was silent, but a smile slowly crept its way onto his face.

Izuku looked at Melissa, his phone still in his hand, "I know what I signed up for. The tattoo on my back already signified that much. Besides, if a bunch of Yakuza-looking men stepped in it'll be more of an issue than not. I'll try to solve this matter with David Shield as best as possible."

Izuku then gave Melissa a reassuring thumbs up "...and I'll make sure that Melissa Shield stays safe till the end."

Melissa nodded with an excited look as well, "And I'll help too!"

*Dojima Headquaters.

Daigo put his phone down, before turning around to look at Kiryu who heard everything.

"Well, Kiryu-san. I can tell whom Midoriya got those traits from."

Kiryu smiled slightly "Well, that is what the Dragon of Dojima is known for, right?"

"Exactly!" Majima yelled from his seat at the window.

*Back at Onomichi

Izuku hung up and turned to Melissa "Looks like there's more to do today. I'm going to go out."