Chapter 8 - stupid smiles

QUICK AUTHORS NOTE - 150 PEOPLE READ CHAPTER 7 IN THE FIRST 20 MINUTES YOU ABSOLOUTE PSCHOS :) BUT I LOVE YOU FOR IT! Also just so you know there will be another voting at the end. (THIS IS AN AMAZING CHAPTER 🤩)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belle's Pov

I pushed myself off the ground as he brushed the sand off his knees. We both had those stupid, stupid (very very stupid) smiles on our face.

I heard Beth, David and Oli run for the water a couple minutes ago, probably when Leo was breathing down my neck pinning my arms above my head. I was most definitely hoping he wouldn't get up, but he did. Unfortunately...

"I'm gonna go join them, are you coming?"

Thats what she said

He waved vaguely towards our friends, splashing around in the water. "Race you?" A sly smile appeared on his face and he took off towards the water.

I tried to catch up with him but his long legs made it easier for him to get down the sand dunes.

I was tall enough compared to the the average girl height but Leo was... well Leo was tall.

I jumped down the sand dunes following close behind him before we reached the water. I put my hands above my head and he did the same as we dived into the water.

I stayed under for just a couple seconds, it felt like my problems would drown along with me if I stayed under here just a couple more minutes.

Eventually I pulled myself up and Beth splashed me right in the face.

"Bitch!" I splashed her right back which ensued a splash match.

Oli and David laughed at us while Leo just stared, that pretty little smile disappeared, so hot and cold. So... confusing?

Beth tapped out after a couple seconds, as I expected.

David lifted up my arm to show I was the winner and we all whooped and cheered.

"GUYS WE SHOULD DO THAT GAME WHERE YOU GO ON EACHOTHERS SHOULDERS!" We all stared at David before simultaneously saying "What?"

"That game where you battle each other on someone else's shoulders, like in the water..."

"ohhhhhhhhhh" David rolled his eyes and assembled us into teams. I was on Leo's shoulders and Beth was on Oli's.

Beth winked at me as Leo lowered himself into the water so I could get on his shoulders.

David stood in the middle of us holding his hand in between.

Leo gripped my knees tightly with those.. god those hands. They could finger me anyda-

SHUT UP BELLE

"3.... 2......................" Beth looked at him impatiently

"Any day now.."

"1" He pulled his hand from the middle and me and Beth threw our hands at each other, grabbing onto her arms and she grabbed my shoulders.

I just knew we looked so stupid right now, but I didn't really care, because I was happy.

He held my legs tighter as she tried to tickle my stomach. When she realised that wasn't working she grabbed my waist, I saw what she was doing and maneuvered her elbows around until she flopped into the water.

"Bitc-" Her comment drowned in the water as she landed.

We were in shallow enough water, but Beth was shorter than average, so she had gotten lost under the water.