Chapter 5

Previous on Marinette Luthor

“Hi, Mama, Alya wanted to come over. I said she could come over. I hope you don't mind." I said. “Of Course not.” she replied.

“Where papa? And why is the bakery closed? I didn’t know that we were closed today.” I asked “Well your father is out and the bakery is closed because I can’t run the bakery by myself as your father and you were out. I mean the people that had pick-up they were able to pick-up but we weren’t open to the public as normal. You know how busy we are at the end of the week.” She said as  she got some snacks out for Alya and I. “Alya why don’t you head up to my room, I want to talk to my mom for a second.”

I said turning to Alya handing her the tray of food.” “Yeah, sure” Alya said, taking the tray and heading up to my room. When she was out of ear reach, I turned to my Mother. “Where exactly is Father? And why didn’t I know about this scholarship from the Luthors? Mother.” I asked her. “We needed an excuse why you weren’t in school for the last 2 weeks of school and we thought it would be nice that you design. Plus now you can tell your friends who you really are and you can show Lila and her lies who’s the boss now.” she said.

I guess she is right. I have been planning to debut a new line of clothes but I never got a chance to with  everything happening at school. The only thing I was confused about is that she never said where dad is. “Your father is on a plane to Gotham at the moment he should be arriving soon.” She answered but there was something in her voice that worried me but I brushed it off for now as Alya was waiting on me. “Oh, Ok… mom.... thank you.” I said turning and heading to my room.