Chapter 18

Previously on Marinette Luthor

Ayla POV

I'm not Mari's best friend because she is friends with what's her name, Alya, no Aliya yeah Aliya Jem uh. I just wish she would talk to me. The last time we had a proper conversation was before we left Paris and I am learning all this new stuff about her and it makes me wonder what else I don't know about Marinette.

Marinette POV

My parents are here. I hope this goes well and no one recognizes them from my class. I don't think they will. My mother took off her wig and she no longer has a short bob-cut hairstyle but her hair now reaches her middle back with her same hair color. While my dad looks pretty much the same but he took out the brown hair dye and it is now black his original color. I wish it could take off my wig but I think that would raise too much suspension.

3rd POV

Lunch went better than Marinette expected. Everyone got to speak with her parents and no one recognized them. After they finished eating the Luthor's left as they had to get back to the company as they had to get ready for some meetings that Mr. Luthor had to attend while Mrs. Luthor had some design conferences that she was supposed to attend with her daughter.

After Luthor left, the class stayed talking and just enjoyed each other's company. Since they had the whole day free minus lunch and dinner. Honestly, after they left the restaurant most of the students split up to do whatever they wanted. Some went to the pool, others went back to their room, some went to the garden. Everywhere in the hotel. Marinette for the first time since she has gotten to Gotham got to just hang out with her friends at the pool.

3 hours later

Marinette POV

"Hey guys, do you want anything to eat or drink? I'm going to get something to drink." I asked Alya, Nino, and Adrien. "No thank you." Adrien said. "I could get a lime soda," Nino said. "Same as Nino," Alya said. "Okay" I said, turning around, walking out of the pool area, and going inside. But as I left I forgot my phone and I was supposed to get a call so as I was about to walk back out I heard Lila on the phone with someone but since it wasn't any of my business but something she said caught my attention. 

"Yes, Madam. Yes, everyone but her friends fell for it. But her friends, especially Alya, are suspicious. She tried to get Nino to look into it with her but he refused. I am not sure why but Marinette better be careful or she might lose them." She said to the phone on the phone. All I could just wonder was who she was talking about and what she knew. I decided to look into it when I got back to my room after dinner with Damian's family.

3rd POV

At dinner time which is around 5:30-6:00. So it is 6:00

"Okay everyone we are pulling up to the Wayne mansion. Girl's eyes it is the same rule as for lunch please don't embarrass me or yourself." Madame Bustier said. "Yes Miss" everyone said.

As they walk off the bus they see this beautiful mansion. Bigger than the mayor's hotel a lot of things went through the student's mind at this time. Like if the Wayne Mansion was like this imagine what The Luthor was like. Seeing as those were two of the biggest families that live here. While Marinette saw all of the memories of when she was younger she often came to the Wayne Mansion as a young child.

BOOM 💥. That's the sound the students are making outside of the mansion. At first, I thought it was an explosion. Then they realized it came from inside the Mansion. Some thought That's someone was breaking in. But then they thought of 'like no they have way too much security for that and then the door opens and we see two boys roll down the stairs.

Everyone minus Marinette, Cholè, Lila didn't recognize them. It was Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Cassandra Cain, and Tim Drake. "Guys we have company." Cassandra said to Dick and Jason who were both on the floor acting like idiots. "Hello, are you here for dinner with Marinette?" Cassandra asked them.

 "Yes, we are. I'm Miss. Bustier the teacher of her class and their chaperone." Miss Bustier said replying to Cassie. "Okay great! Follow me!" Cassandra said. "Oh, and Marinette by the way Damian não vai estar no jantar, ele disse algo sobre uma emergência e um hospital que eu não tenho certeza. Cassie said to Marinette "Okay, thanks, Cassie." Marinette thanked Cassie as they follow Cassie into the house.

 "Okay, right through there is the dining room where the family normally eat when not hosting people over. But today we will be in right here." Cassie said as she pointed to the room as she passed by and then she pushes the door to where they are going to eat.

" Cassie said as she pointed to the room as she passed by and then she pushes the door to where they are going to eat

Something like this^

Authors Note

Hi, people. I know, I know it's been a while since I last posted a chapter. That is all because I was very busy with school. I had Finals last week and tryouts. Then the week before that I was studying for Finals and also busy helping planing and finallize posters for a Poetry Slam that my school is having. So I have had this chapter in my drafts for almost 3 weeks know. By now that finals are over I will be back to my regular schedule once a week on Sunday. And if you guys have any ideas for a chapter commented or private message me, I am always open to ideas. And one last think is this book is sadly coming to a close soon but not for another couple chapter so don't worry. Oh and thank you guys so much for all the reads we have been getting currently we are at 6.5K you have no idea how much I appreciate you guys😍. Till next time👋🏽.