Chapter 4 - Anniversary

Anamika got dressed up for the day while Pratap was simply lying on the bed with his head propped up on his hand watching her. Since yuvraj is still in the chamber, the maids didn't come inside to help Anamika. Anamika noticed him looking at her but still chose to ignore it and continue dressing. "How did I get so lucky?", Yuvraj murmured. Anamika looked at him and asked, "Did you say something?".

"No", Yuvraj shook his head and then Anamika stood up from her place as her dressing is done. She came near him, seeing which yuvraj sat up on the bed and tried to hold her. Anamika stepped back, avoiding him touching her and glared at him who was pouting at her.

"You have not taken a bath. Now Go and take a bath", Anamika told him sternly to which he whined. Still he went to take a bath, because he knew that she won't allow him anywhere near her if he don't bath. Seeing his frustrated face, she giggled and said to herself, "Like father, like son". She remembered her son Abhimanyu hating to take a bath and giving silly reasons to escape from it. Thinking about her son in the previous lifetime, She touched her stomach thinking whether she got pregnant this time and if so, would it be her son?

Suddenly she heard a knock on the door which brought her out of her thoughts. Her personal maid Kamala came in with two plates of food. The plates for Ranasa and Yuvraj is always distinguished because of their positions. Kamala kept the plates on the small table kept in the chamber as its their usual routine. When Kamala was going back, Anamika stopped her.

Anamika said while still staring at the plates of food, "Take my plate away. And arrange for a small kitchen near the lounge area in my chamber. From today onwards I will cook my own food". Hearing this kamala was shocked and asked, "Bahuranisa! Is there anything wrong with the food? I can ask the cook to change it according to your taste".

"It's nothing like that Kamala. You start with the work, I will answer if anybody questions you", saying this Anamika dismissed Kamala. Anamika was arranging the bed since the maids are not allowed inside the chamber yet. Both Anamika and Pratap like their privacy when they are together.

Yuvraj finished his bath and came inside the chamber only with the dhothi(lower clothes), wiping his body with a towel. Anamika gave him the new cloth to wear since almost his entire wardrobe is there in her chamber. Once he wore his cloth, he headed towards the couch near which they usually have breakfast. But frowned seeing only one plate.

"Anamika, why is there only one plate? How could they forget to bring?", Yuvraj asked her, getting angrier by every second. Anamika was about to reply when a maid knocked on the door again,  which nothing but pissed him off more. Anamika told him to be calm for a minute and asked the maid to enter.

Kamala came in and informed Anamika, "Bahuranisa, I have arranged a temporary kitchen near the lounge area. By tomorrow, it will be completed properly". Anamika nodded at her and dismissed her. Yuvraj frowned at their conversation and waited for her to explain.

Anamika looked at him and came to sit near him on the couch. She took his hands in hers and told, "Actually Pratap, I have heard about a type of penance to please the God where I will be cooking my own food, which will be a simple meal, like that of a commoner. I have an intuition that we will definitely be blessed with a baby."

Pratap started to say something but Anamika cut him off knowing that he doesn't like such rituals or offerings which will hurt her. In this case, her food will be a simple one which may affect her health. "Pratap, please let me do this. I really feel positive about this, especially after the puja yesterday", Anamika said giving her puppy eyes.

Pratap groaned looking at her and sighed accepting with her. He stood up from his seat and gave a hand to Anamika as well to make her stand up. Anamika frowned at him and asked, "Where are you going? Have your food, Pratap".

"We will have our food together. And we will have the same food", Pratap said and when Anamika was about to refuse him, he continued, "If this is an offering to please the God, then we should do it together as we both are trying to become parents. Don't you think so? "

Before Anamika could think more on this, he pulled her along with him towards the temporary kitchen and sat down along with her. Anamika started to cook while he helped her by cutting vegetables and so on. When the maids tried to interfere, he signalled them to stop and continued helping her. The maids were amazed to see their yuvraj helping to cook, although he had once cooked four years ago.

Anamika remembered that he once cooked during the initial months of their marriage, for she craved some different food.  It was only when the traitors were caught in their previous lifetime that Anamika came to know that she was pregnant during that time which made her crave for food.  All unknown to herself. She came out of her thoughts when the food was cooked and then she served it in two plates for both of them.

Once they had their breakfast, Anamika thought that he will leave for the royal court but he didn't. Instead he closed her eyes with his palms and took her to the royal garden. After that, he made her sit on the swing, their swing. Suddenly Anamika got remembered that this swing later became her worst nightmare since he used the same to spend time with his second wife.

Pratap sat beside her on the swing and looked at her favorite flowers. Anamika knew what was coming. As she expected, he presented her with his gift for their Anniversary today. The beautiful Chudamani(jewellery worn on head) which is a symbol of a married woman.

(Picture of Chudamani)

She thought about her previous lifetime where she never got to use this since this was the day Ranisa had dropped a bomb about the second marriage. And the chudamani was simply kept in the box as it is, just like the gifts he gave after his guilt realization.

Now she will make sure that none of the gifts go wasted. Thinking this, Anamika smiled at him and kissed his cheeks. Pratap was shocked since she is a private person who doesn't feel to show off their love outside their bedroom. But it was a pleasant surprise for him. So he simply smiled and said, "Now I really need to hurry for the court. So as usual the day starts with my wishes and gift. Happy Anniversary for us."

Saying this, he kissed her forehead and hurried towards the court. Anamika is simply relishing the feeling of being happy. But that happiness didn't stop her from noticing the two figures that were watching them.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

Update of the week is here. Some incidents I'm reiterating here since I have mentioned this book to be a standalone one for any new readers. So please bear with that.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.