Chapter 21 - Order

The next day came and Anamika was ready to put her plans into action. But she is not a fool to risk her children's life for such heartless murderers. So as per their plan, kamala made other maids in her chamber to leave for their break, keeping only two trusted guards to help their plan. As expected, Meenavathi sent a maid from Ranisa's chamber to call for Anamika.

Few minutes later, Meenavathi was talking with Ranisa in her chamber. Actually it was Ranisa who was doing the talk and Meenavathi was just nodding on whatever she says and keeps looking towards the door as if waiting for some news. She is wishing that the news be good for her but at the same time worried for herself.

At that time, a maid came running hurriedly inside the chamber without even asking permission. Ranisa was startled and became angry at her for the indisciplinary behavior and said, "How dare you enter my chamber without my permission?" The maid, although scared, replied immediately, "Pardon me Ranisa. But the news is of an emergency that's why I came running".

Ranisa calmed herself down and asked her to proceed further. The  maid said, "Ranisa! There was a mishap with bahuranisa. Yuvraj has called for vaidh ji(doctor) and midwife to check on her and the babies".  As soon as she finished it, Ranisa went towards Anamika's chamber immediately. Whereas Meenavathi was extremely happy that their plan worked out well but at the same time, cautious about not getting caught.

On reaching there, Ranisa saw that Ranasa also arrived just then and waiting in the corridor. Soon Saudamini also arrived there. The maids said that Yuvraj was inside the bedroom with Vaidh ji checking Anamika. Soon Yuvraj came out and vaidh ji also left after his greetings to both Ranasa and Ranisa. Meenavathi was waiting for the dreadful news to be announced.

Yuvraj said to Ranasa, "Babasa! Right now there is nothing to worry. Vaidh ji has assured that Anamika is alright but I don't think it's an accident. Someone has tried this deliberately to kill Anamika along with my children".His anger was very much visible in his words but he was very unlikely calm. May be a calm before storm?

Meenavathi was quite disheartened with the news but now her chance of coming under the suspicion radar is increased with no fruitful result for the risk taken. Ranasa said furiously, hiding his fright, "That's a treacherous offence punishable by death. Who is this unknown enemy trying to destroy us from the back instead of waging a war?" To which Yuvraj replied, "It may not be an enemy in the first place, Babasa. Those who do these cheap things are the ones who pretend to be our friends". Meenavathi gulped at the insinuation.

Ranasa continued, "But why do you think that it's an attempt to kill? And not an accident?". Yuvraj replied, "I investigated the place which Anamika had slipped, with the help of kamala. There was a thin thread was tied on both ends very lowly such that it will obstruct your feet while walking. That's why I'm sure it's an accident. By God's grace, Anamika and the babies are safe and fine. And I was already half way towards her chamber when Kamala came running to inform me".  Little did Pratap knew that no such thing has happened but only narrated to be happened.

Ranasa said, "Investigate this very fast Yuvraj. We have to be very careful and also need to be few steps ahead of the culprit". Yuvraj nodded at him as he already had suspicions on the culprit which had only strengthened now. After all, suspicious activity after the arrival of a suspected guest is an obvious inclination towards the guest as culprit.

Yuvraj is now regretting, allowing her even after restricting her guards from the country and not allowing any kind of things from their kingdom. Instead he should have simply banned them from their country and not allow them till they clear out the suspicions. Yuvraj turned towards Ranisa and asked, "Maasa! Why did you called for Anamika when you knew that she should be resting and not roam around? Otherwise Anamika wouldn't have come out of her chamber in the first place".

Ranisa frowned at that and replied, "No Yuvraj, I didn't call for bahuranisa".  Yuvraj can already connect the dots and the tensed sweating face of Meenavathi only confirmed that. He was trying to control his anger and not do something which will bring shame to their reign. He replied, "OK, I will look into that".

Everyone left from there, while Meenavathi was trying a way to find the maid and make her mouth shut, either temporarily or permanently. Due to the tension of being caught, Meenavathi couldn't process anything or think properly, which will ultimately lead her to make more mistakes.

Yuvraj was taking care of Anamika without leaving her alone anywhere except the bathroom. His panicked and stressed state made Anamika feel guilty but as the saying goes, No pain No gain. That's the reason why Anamika didn't disclose her plans to Pratap. Later point of time, may be she will need his help as well.  Next few days, Pratap didn't even attend the court or state matters and announced the same to Ranasa as it was only one more month left for Anamika to give birth. Meenavathi was not able to find the maid and thought that the mystery person would have taken care of that maid, so she got relaxed.

On the other hand, although Ranisa was worried about the health of Anamika and the babies, the overprotective care of Pratap towards Anamika was irking her. The way Pratap is sticking to Anamika as if there is no one else to take care of her, is making her frustrated and angry. It's as if She is loosing Pratap faster than she had anticipated.

Just then Saudamini asked for entry into Ranisa's chamber, which she allowed. Ranisa asked with a smile, "Saudamini! How are you my child?". Saudamini replied, "I'm good Ranisa. I just got bored that's why I came to talk with you". Ranisa remembered the reason why she was brought here and whatever happened with the swing. Now She remembered that she was going to make Pratap spend some time with Saudamini. So right away she asked a maid to call for Pratap in her chamber and waited for him.

Pratap came to her chamber although reluctantly. Ranisa said, "Pratap! Saudamini has come to our kingdom after a long time so I thought of taking her to the temple as part of which she can look around the town as well. But I feel tired and I don't think I could accompany her. So I want you to take her to the temple ". It was not a request in the first place. Saudamini was pleasantly surprised and was looking forward to spending time with him.

"Maasa! I have a wife to take care of and I can't simply go for a trip while she is in the last stage of pregnancy bearing all the pain. So please send a few guards with her or postpone it to another day when you can accompany her", Pratap said to Ranisa who got irritated and ordered, "Pratap, you have to go. We are here to look after Anamika so don't worry about her. No more arguments, it's my order".

"Who are you to order my grandson", a voice boomed in the chamber.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.