Chapter 14 - The Order

The court room meeting started with all exhausted ministers who couldn't come up with any practical solutions and finally they gave up the decision to King and Yuvraj's hands. Then Yuvraj put forward his suggestion, "Instead of searching for weapons that could help women to signal danger and call for help, it would be better to make them independent". When they didn't understand his words, he continued, "What I mean is that we can teach our women self defence, so that they could protect themselves in case of any danger".

One of the ministers said, "But yuvraj, Royal women already have the privilege to learn self defence and weaponry. Then why we need to include other women?". To which yuvraj said, "Royal women have the privilege to choose whether they want to learn or not, even though it is not practised in reality where their fathers or brothers will choose for them. But common women don't even have that choice. So what I would propose is, that all girls above the age of 5 must learn self defence and whether they want to learn weaponry or not will be their choice."

Another minister asked, "But yuvraj who will train them. Royal men and women cannot stay together in the same gurukul(residential school). And if our senapathy(chief commander) were to train girls then he wouldn't have time for the other soldiers". Yuvraj replied, "I have thought about this. And I felt that it would be better to have a female trainer so that parents wouldn't hesitate to send their daughters. And before you ask, right now we don't have much female warriors or trainers. So your bahuranisa will train them after her delivery".

When everyone was silent, Yuvraj continued, "Also I am thinking about creating an army full of women, Naari Sena (Women army). I know that no parent or in-laws will allow their daughters to participate in a war. So this will purely be for those women who lost their husbands and have no way of income. The reason is because I have seen widows of those persons who doesn't belong to our army, leading a miserable life while trying to compete with men in earning money. If a widow of a shopkeeper tries to take over his business, then the surrounding shopkeepers will neither let her work peacefully nor let the customers buy from her in the name of inauspiciousness. Moreover all the benefits of our soldiers like, regular monthly income, bonuses and taking full responsibility of their family after they are martyred. So it will pull interest among women above the age of thirty as well".

Ministers didn't have anything to say because they don't have any counter strategy. And with Yuvraj's declaration everyone dispersed from there. Yuvraj went back to his chamber and finished some pending works. He went to Anamika's chamber to help her with dinner preparations and then they went to bed.

Anamika was resting her head on his chest and listening his words about what happened in the meeting. Once he finished, Anamika said, "It's good that you put forth this idea". She was surprised at how early this is happening in this lifetime. If it is because of a stunt she pulled, then she is happy with her actions. She was drawing circles on his naked chest when he said, "You know we should sleep". She looked up from his chest and glared at him. Then she laid back on her pillow and turned her back towards him, showing that she is pissed off. Pratap hugged her from behind whispered in her ears, "You will get tired, and you know that".

Within minutes, both of them fell asleep thinking about when they would be holding their baby. The next day, the Order with Royal seal was released stating the new rules for the kingdom. Later in the afternoon, Daima(midwife) came to check on Anamika and after checking her pulse, she announced, "Congratulations Bahuranisa. You are carrying twins".

It was the most joyful moment for Anamika and Pratap. He hugged Anamika sideways as she was resting on the couch. Daima left giving the couple some privacy. Both of them were simply sitting on the couch and relishing the moment. They couldn't express their happiness as it was unexpected although the king had told them about the prediction. After five years of expectations for a child, now they are going to have two. Anamika said breaking the silence, "Pratap, I have already completed five months and going to complete sixth. I have heard that in case of twins, women go into early labor."

Pratap replied, "If it is so, then we should arrange for a baby shower soon". Then nobody spoke anything. On the other hand, Ranasa and Ranisa were thanking the God for fulfilling their long term wish and that too double the times.

Pratap came to his parents chamber to ask them about the baby shower function. Ranasa agreed for the function and asked Ranisa to prepare for it and send out invitations. Ranisa left from there to start with the preparations. A guard asked permission to enter Ranasa's chamber, to which he was granted permission.

He said, "Ranasa, A messenger has come with a message for our Yuvraj". Pratap frowned at that and asked him to allow the messenger. The messenger came and gave the scroll to Yuvraj and left from there.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Pratap didn't put any order regarding remarriage because he doesn't know the consequences of second marriage in this life yet.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.