Chapter 33 - Return

Once all the chaos had been calmed down, everyone slept while the guards took turns to safeguard the palace and the safehouses of women and children were guarded by the women who were trained under Anamika. By next day afternoon, Anamika received a reply letter from Yuvraj. It is stated that, the conspiracy of the enemies was found after the flag was changed in the pole and it took sometime to bring back the original flag as some enemies were dressed as their own people. Yuvraj had mentioned that he was quite shocked at the incident mentioned by Anamika in her letter and assured her that they are not at all losing by any chance. He also mentioned that they had already captured the Mughal prince and would rather behead him at once instead of waiting for him to return with vengeance. Their decision was emboldened after the back handed methods used by these people.

After reading the scroll, Anamika let out a sigh of relief and felt the exhaustion wash over her. She was relieved that her husband is returning safely and victoriously. Thanking the Almighty in her prayers for a few moments, Anamika asked a guard to call for the minister in charge. When the minister came to her, Anamika instructed him while standing behind the screen, "Minister, Yuvraj has sent a reply that they have captured the enemies so they will be returning any day in this week. Also we can expect Ranasa's reply as well in the coming days.  Announce our victory to our people and let them go to their houses and ask them to prepare for welcoming the soldiers, Ranasa and Yuvraj. Also make preparations to distribute the compensation amount for those families who lost their loved ones in this war". Minister greeted her back and went away to carry out the orders. It was good that Anamika used the blank scroll so that these subordinates won't have any dilemma to choose sides between Royals.

While everyone was doing the preparations for welcoming ceremony gleefully, a Letter came from Ranasa's side as well which informed them of the situation under control and also asked them to prepare for welcoming Malhar Rao as well. All this while, Ranisa didn't involve herself much in the preparations but still she was relieved hearing that her son and husband are safe. She tries to hide her gloominess with a fake smile and supervise the preparation as Anamika once again confined herself in the birth chamber. It might take one more week for her to come out of the chamber under normal circumstances, as the menstruation period will be over.

The next day afternoon, Ranasa and Malhar Rao came back to the Palace with the troops, including the soldiers who were previously sent to help Malhar Rao. Ranisa welcomed them at the entrance of the palace with Aarti and showed the guest chamber for Malhar Rao. Ranasa and Malhar decided to wait till Yuvraj's return to discuss further things. Ranasa went with Ranisa to their chamber and asked her, "Is there anything you want to tell me Ranisa?". Ranisa looked at him without answering anything and when Ranasa was about to ask again, she asked in a low voice, "I snatched your love, didn't I?" Ranasa was surprised that she is asking this after all these years and moreover she knew about his love life even before their marriage. So why is she asking like she got to know it just now?. Ranasa asked her,"Ranisa, what is the issue? Why are you asking this after all these years?".

"Maasa(Dadisa) has told me all the truth regarding your FIRST wife", Ranisa said while tears were flowing from her eyes. Ranasa was shocked for a moment but then composed himself and turned the other side not able to face her. Ranisa continued,"Why did you do this, Ranasa? Why didn't you give me any more children after Pratap? Why didn't you tell me the truth?".  Ranasa turned towards her and said calmly," I know I'm wrong, Ranisa. For that, I wholeheartedly apologize to you. But can you tell me one thing? Until you know the truth about my first marriage, Did you ever felt unsatisfied or unhappy?". Hearing his question, Ranisa started thinking about her life till now. Ranasa continued,"The answer is No. I know this because I know about your dream life. The life where you wanted to be the first and only wife of your husband, the life where you wanted to be a Queen, the life where you wanted a son and the life where you wanted a grandson. Until now, you thought you were the first and only wife, you were the Queen throughout my reign, You got Pratap and never missed having other children and the only wish you didn't get for a long time was, a grandson, which you got now. So you didn't even think about why I didn't come to you for other children. Yes I broke your dream in an impulse to spite my father and yours. But more than you, I wronged her. I ruined her life completely. She could have had a proper life of a princess, Queen , wife and a mother if only I didn't involve her in my mess. Now she is somewhere alone without anything or any luxuries in her life. And this guilt is what kept me from living a normal life with you".

Ranasa apologized once again and went to freshen up and then to meet his grandchildren. Ranisa wiped her tears and went out of her chamber.

It took one more day for Pratap and his troop to reach the palace. Once again Ranisa welcomed him while Anamika was looking at him from her window. Pratap directly went to meet Anamika and their children. Even though they shouldn't touch eachother, Anamika and Pratap couldn't help themselves after the fear of not being able to see eachother again. So they hugged for sometime and asked about their welfare and played with the children until Anamika pushed him to take rest.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Precap: coronation and naming ceremony.

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Belated Happy father's day.

Thanks,
SM.