Chapter 8 - Mishap

It has been a month since the pandit ji arrived and also it has been a month since Meenavathi departed from the palace.  She doesn't have a valid reason to over stay in the palace, after all she is not the mother-in-law of the Yuvraj.  Anamika and Pratap are living like newly married couples, not because they are spending more time or more romantically involved but rather they are not worried about anything while they are together.

They are not stressed about the heir so their lives are simply happy. Anamika had a doubt that she is pregnant because she had not got her periods yet. But she wants to be sure before calling for Vaidh(Physician) ji or Daima(Midwife). So she just continues her routine.

She also keeps an eye on the court issues. Although she knows from her previous lifetime, but still she keeps a check to see any changes. And also she prioritized her enemies to remove one by one from the picture. By that order, it should be the pawns that helps their leader, who are to be destroyed. And this time without mercy.

After her Prayer where she seeks the help of God, Anamika calls Kamala who is her head maid and asked her to do something. Anamika gave her a pouch and also instructed something to her.  Although Kamala is her maid, Anamika always requests her favours and never ordered. Kamala was perplexed by her request but still obliged to do that without questioning Anamika.

Anamika expected her to ask some questions but smiled when she didn't ask anything. From her previous lifetime, she knew that Kamala is the most trustworthy person. Kamala came back just before Lunchtime and said, "Bahuranisa! I have finished the work which you have assigned me".

After that, Anamika prepared lunch for herself and Pratap. Then Pratap went to his separate chamber to finish off some paperworks. After sometime, there were some hustle and bustle in the palace, when a maid came running to Anamika's chamber. Anamika was simply resting on the couch while closing her eyes, and the maid bowed her head and greeted her.

"Pranam(Greetings) Bahuranisa! It is said that our Ranisa has been poisoned and Vaidh ji is treating her". Anamika opened her eyes and looked at her for some time with stoic face and nodded. Then Anamika stood up leisurely and went towards Ranisa's chamber.

Ranasa was already waiting in the chamber when Anamika arrived there. She went near him and asked, "Ranasa! What did Vaidh ji say?" To which he replied, "He has not said anything yet".

Although he tried to remain calm, his voice came out tensed. Vaidh ji came out and greeted them both. Meanwhile Yuvraj also came there from the training arena. Vaidh ji said, "Ranasa! I have taken all the poison out of her system. The poison is not very dangerous. So now Ranisa is stable and she will be recovered in no time". Saying this, he went away.

All three of them went inside the chamber and saw her sleeping. Ranasa and Yuvraj sat on both sides of her and took each of her hands in them. Ranasa voiced out, "We both had lunch together. Then how come only her plate had poison". Yuvraj replied, "Don't worry babasa. I will personally look into this matter and bring the culprit in front of you. Whoever did this will regret it". Worry for his mother was clear in his voice.

Anamika looked at their worried faces and thought that when they will come to know her true colors they themselves would wish that she had died rather than living. Keeping these thoughts aside, Anamika went near Pratap and kept a hand on his shoulder. Pratap composed himself and kept his hand on hers and stood up.

They went away from the chamber and immediately Pratap called for the guards and maids working in Ranasa and Ranisa's chamber to assemble in the court room which is empty now. Once they have assembled, Yuvraj started his investigation from the guards. Anamika was standing by his side looking at the investigation.

Yuvraj asked the guards, "Both of you, now tell me, who went inside with food for Ranisa?".  One of them told, "Yuvraj! As usual it was Mala who took the food for Ranisa". Pratap then moved towards Mala and asked her to speak. Mala said while crying, "Yuvraj! Please believe me. I didn't do anything. I simply took the food from the kitchen to the chamber, for both Ranasa and Ranisa. Nothing else yuvraj". All the while Anamika was simply staring at her standing in the corner.

Without replying anything to her, Pratap moved towards the Royal head cook and his assistant. "Do you have anything to say?". They simply pleaded that they don't know anything. Pratap signalled all others to leave except the head maid Mala, the Royal head cook and his assistant. And asked the guard to bring his trusted senapathi (commander-in-chief of the army) Rajnath Singh to the court room.

Soon Rajnath came and Yuvraj ordered him to check the rooms of these three in the Servant quarters. Mala who heard this, thought, "It was good that I have disposed off the herbs which were given to Bahuranisa after she started her own cooking. Otherwise we would have got caught."

It was almost evening when Rajnath came back to the court room where Anamika and Pratap were already waiting. And the three suspects were made to kneel. "Yuvraj! We finished the search in all the three rooms", Rajnath said.  "What did you find? ", Pratap asked.

"We found this pouch in one of the rooms Yuvraj. Later we came to know that it was the room of the head maid of Ranisa", Rajnath replied. Pratap was furious at that and Mala was shocked by this revelation and knew that she cannot justify anymore. Apart from them, one other person as shivering in fear while thanking her stars for sparring her.

Was she really spared? Or is she saved for any ulterior purpose?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

If you like the chapter, do vote and comment.

Thanks,
SM.