CHAPTER 6

After a while of sitting like that I started to relax. "Do you feel like sharing with me now?" Aaron asked when he saw I wasn't crying anymore "ok" I said in a quiet voice. I guess I'm going to need to get it out at some point.

"I was supposed to go to this show with my fiancée at the end of our honeymoon" I started and had to stop again. Should I tell him everything? Why does he even care? "And what happened?" he asked quietly. Seemed like he cared, or at least was nice enough to pretend. So what the hell here it goes.

"Me and Chris are from the same town and growing up we were best friends. When we finished college we started dating and those were the best years of my life. Finally on our 3 year anniversary he proposed and I was so so happy! But then he was offered a really big job in Chicago. At first he turned it down saying our relationship was more important than any job in the world and we were very very happy. We started planning our wedding but then he was offered the job again. He turned it down but I felt he wasn't happy about it and it was harder for him to turn it down again. But we got past it, he was promoted at his job and we were able to plan our wedding again. We were supposed to get married yesterday. But 6 month ago he was offered another really big job in California and he decided to take it. He said he thought we were more important than a job but he just didn't believe in that anymore and he just left. We bought these tickets when everything was still great between us but now I just can't do this. How am I supposed to go to the show remembering I was supposed to be there with my Chris when we were finally married?" there I let it all out. And only when I stopped talking did I realize I was crying that whole time.

"Wow I'm sorry Jennifer! But if he thought a job was more important than your relationship it's a good thing you're not with him anymore." Aaron said while hugging me tightly "and don't worry about the show! I don't mind coming with you if you'd want company.. I could also give you a backstage tour if you'd like" he said smiling at me.

Was he serious? Why would he want to go with a pathetic girl like me to a show? "You really don't have to-" I started when he cut me off "I want to! If it's going to bring a smile to your face I'd love to go together with you" ok wow is he serious?? Of course I'd like to go with Aaron Tveit to watch a show on Broadway!!

"Well it's a start. We're going to work on making this smile bigger" he said. Was I smiling? I didn't even notice. It's so easy to get comfortable around him! He kept on hugging me and being in his arms was the best feeling in the world. After crying so much for so long I felt so drained and Aaron noticed it. "You should go to sleep. Crying takes a lot of energy" yup that's true.

"Do you think you can be alone now or do you want me to stay for a while?" Did I? I didn't want to be alone. But Aaron Tveit staying at my apartment? That's really crazy. "Umm I don't want to be alone, but I'm sure you have better places to go to.. You don't have to stay" I said.

"Don't be silly, I'm not leaving you like this. Go sleep I'll stay here on the couch. If you need anything wake me up! Don't worry about it" wow. Is this happening? "Ok. Goodnight. Thanks" I said and went to shower and sleep.