CHAPTER 21

"Actually Brynn, Jen and I are just friends. But you’re right! She should definitely come sometime! I'll make sure she does. Thanks again for the tickets tonight! It was a great show! Goodnight, see you tomorrow" Aaron replied so fast that I was still processing what she just said.

"I don’t know if I have time to come, with the bar and all. But I’ll come to the show. Thanks for tonight! Goodnight." I said when I saw Aaron wanted to leave "oh no. We talked about you taking a break. You'll come sometime. Anyway bye Brynn" he said as we left the ice cream place.

We took a cab to my place and the beginning of the ride was awkward silence. I was still thinking about her thinking we were together. At some point Aaron talked. "So how was the show? And how are you now?"

"It was a great evening! Thank you so much for it! You’re right, I did need this night off. Especially to distract me from my sister" I said happily. "Well I’m glad. And Brynn is right. You should come visit. How about you come on Monday, before you leave for NJ?"

I’ll think about it" I answered just as we got to my apartment. "See you tomorrow the usual time?" Aaron asked as I was getting out of the cab "of course. Goodnight Aaron. Thanks again for the great
night" I said smiling at him. "Anytime. Goodnight" he said and did a little wave as the taxi drove away.

I went into my apartment and straight to sleep. It was a very long day and I was exhausted. The next morning Aaron and I went to run as we always do. And Aaron tried convincing me to come to visit him in rehearsal. I was still tired so if gave in and said I’ll come on Monday.

Aaron looked so happy and I didn’t know how to take that. Could it be that Aaron felt the same way I did? But then why did he say we weren’t together so fast? I had to get those thoughts out of my mind. I would just end up heartbroken.

I got home and started studying straight away, I had to keep my head busy. Also I won’t study
on Monday, and I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to study when I visit my parents. Around lunchtime Jess called. She wanted to know everything about the previous night.

So I told her. I told her about my sister, that I’m going to my parents, what I was scared of, what Aaron told me and about the evening we had. Jess was very patient and stayed quiet until I finished talking and asked for her advice.

"Well I think I have a solution for both your problems, going home and your feelings for Aaron" she said and paused. I almost screamed for her to continue. I needed any ideas I could get. "Ok. So you should ask Aaron to come with you to the party and pretend to be your boyfriend. Like that Chris will stay away, and there'll be less gossip about you and Chris, though it could make lots of new gossip. Also maybe by being your fake boyfriend he'll realize his feeling and tell you. What do you think?”

"Jess your brilliant! But what if he doesn’t feel anything and it’s just my imagination?" I asked a little scared. "Then at least it solved the first problem. But I’m sure it’s real" she said sure of herself. "Thanks Jess. I hope your right".

"Listen I need to get back to work, but let me know if there’s anything new. Ok? And good luck studying!". ”Ok. Thanks again!" I said as she hung up. Now there was one thing left to do. Ask apron if he'll be my fake boyfriend. How hard could it be? But I was very nervous.

[Aarons POV]

After Jen went back to her house I continued running for a while longer. I needed the time to think. Being with her always made me feel great and happy, and I wanted for her to feel the same. But yesterday, when Brynn thought I was her boyfriend it made me think. I’ve had feelings for Jen for a while now, I loved being around her and she was such an amazing person, but could it be mutual? Could it be she liked me too? How could I find out without ruining our friendship?

I looked at the time and realized I had to get back home so that I’d have time to shower before I get to rehearsals. I got there a few minutes late because I had to get coffee on the way otherwise I’d be falling asleep after 3 minutes. The thoughts didn’t leave me last night and I didn’t sleep much.

Everything went as usual and when we had a lunch break I decided to let everyone know that Jen is coming on Monday. I had to make sure everyone would be nice to her and make her feel comfortable. I wanted it to be a fun day for her and that she won’t be nervous. Everyone were understanding and told me not to worry. But then I looked over at Brynn and she gave me a weird look. So towards the end of the break I went over to Brynn to ask her about that.

"Why did you give me that weird look before?" I asked confused. "Why do you think?" she asked as if it’s obvious. I have no idea! What? You think bringing Jen over isn’t a good idea? You’re the one who invited her in the first place!" and she started laughing.

Really? What’s so funny by that? I started getting annoyed. "You’re so cute when you’re confused. I have no problem with her coming! I think it will be great! It’s just that it’s so obvious the 2 of you like each other but you won’t say anything. And you made sure everyone will be nice to her even though she’s just your friend. Aaron, just tell her how you feel!"

What?? Where was all this coming from? Does she really think it’s mutual? "I - I- " I didn’t even know how to reply. "You really think she feels the same? I don’t want to take a chance and ruin it with her!" I was starting to feel like a small kid, all shy and scared.

"Don’t worry. Just tell her! Please promise me that by Monday you’ll tell her! You don’t want her here with everyone seeing you two like each other but not being together. Do it apron!" she didn’t give me much choice.

"I’ll try. If this goes wrong I blame you!!" I said just as they called us back from the break. "Don’t worry" she said winking and going away. How am I supposed to do this? I was so nervous. I went back to rehearsals and during the next break I saw a missed call from Jen so I called her back.

"Hey Jen! How are you?" I asked happy to be talking to her "great! So listen.. I wanted to talk to you about something.. Can you come over for dinner? I think it’d be best if it’d be said face to face.." she sounded a little nervous.

"Yes of course! I’ll come after I finish here." what did she want to talk about? "Ok see you later. Bye" she said and hung up. Could it be Brynn is right? But the first move shouldn’t come from her! I need to men up and tell her! The rest of the day went by and I felt weird. On one hand I was excited but on the other I was very nervous. All day I practiced what I would say, hoping it will all work out.