CHAPTER 10

I know I said I needed time for being alone with my thoughts but now I just couldn’t deal with them anymore. I was overthinking everything and it was just wrong. So I figured I'll not go for a run at all. But I was already up so early so what could I do? After a few moments I decided I can’t take it anymore.

I wanted to go for a run, but not alone, with Aaron. Running alone didn’t seem so great anymore and I wanted to be with him more even though I’d see him again in the afternoon.

So I grabbed my phone and dialed his number it rang for a few seconds and then he answered happily "missed me already?" he said and laughed. "Sure! I realized I can’t run without my running partner! Want to run together today?" I tried not to sound too desperate but I really hoped he wouldn’t say no.

"Sure! Be down in 5" he said and I couldn’t help but smile. I went down after 5 minutes and there he was. I could feel myself smiling but just couldn’t get it off my face. "Good morning!" I said going towards him while we started running "good morning! So how is it I got lucky to be running with you today?" he asked

“I didn’t want to be alone with my thoughts. I’ve had enough of those." I said. Not to mention for some stupid reason I really missed you and wanted to see you, but I’d never tell him that.

"Then now you have an hour that you don’t need to think! Relax! Thoughts are important but sometimes you just need to let go of them" he tried making me feel better, and it was starting to work.

I started forgetting about all the thoughts that bothered me and Aaron kept on telling jokes to make me laugh and feel good. He made the time go really fast and being with him was great, but I had to get back home to shower and eat before I go to work.

As we approached my building Aaron reminded me that he'll pick me up tonight and with that he left and I went up to get ready.

Work was as usual, I worked on the cases I had. No one noticed me since I was just a paralegal. Only friend I had there was jess and she was out sick today which left me all alone. At lunchtime I called to see how she's doing and I told her I was going out with Aaron tonight, but clarifying that it’s just as friends. I knew it would make her feel less ill and that is the only reason I told her. On one hand I wanted to keep my friendship with Aaron secret but on the other hand I knew that if she’d find out from a different source she'd be really mad at me. But at least she helped me choose what to wear. Without her I wouldn’t know.

So when I got home I changed into the clothes we chose together - a black and white striped shirt and skinny jeans, a black coat, black high boots and a white scarf. I did my make up and just as I was finishing there was a knock on the door.

I was smiling when I opened the door "hey Aaro-" I stopped when I saw it wasn’t him at the door. The smile went off my face as soon as I saw who it was standing in front of me. "Chris. What are you doing here?" I asked surprised trying to keep myself from jumping into his arms and holding back the tears at the same time.

Please vote and comment..  I would love to hear your thoughts..

Also if you have any questions ask away :)