CHAPTER 41

6 month later-

Finally, after 5 month we're moving back to New York. Florida was great, don't get me wrong. I managed to find a great place to open up the new office and I got everything up and running and I was basically the boss here for the past few month, but I wanted something smaller, to be a lawyer with cases and go to court.

It wasn't easy. I was always busy working and Aaron was busy on set or learning lines, and even though we lived together I felt like we weren't together as much as when we were in NY. I couldn't wait to get back home.

"Jenny! Have you seen the box with my clothes?" Aaron asked from the bedroom. We decided to move into my apartment, so it was full of boxes with our things from Florida and also everything that was in Aaron's apartment. "Yes, it's here" I called from the guest bedroom were most of our stuff was.

"Thanks" Aaron said as he came to take something to wear. "Are you ready to go? We haven't been on a proper date in ages" Aaron said and sounded really excited and I couldn't help but laugh. "I'm ready" I said and Aaron grabbed my hand and took me out of the house.

"Are you finally going to tell me where you're taking me?" I asked for the millionth time. "Nope. Ill just say that we have more than one stop tonight" Aaron said as he got a taxi. After riding in silence both of us enjoying watching the lively New York we haven't seen in so long we got to a quiet neighborhood I recognized.

"Are we going to your parents?" I asked. "Yup. They missed us so were having dinner with them and then we have some other places to go to" he said without agreeing on letting me in on the rest. "Jenny!" Posie yelled as soon as she saw us and came to hug me. "Hi Mrs. Tveit" I said laughing and hugging her back.

"I told you to stop calling me that!" she said and turned to greet Aaron. We sat down in the living room and talked while waiting for Jon to come. All of a sudden Aaron and his mom got up and walked to the other room while Stanley and I continued talking about how Florida has been.

After dinner we took a taxi to another unknown destination. Aaron wouldn't tell me where we were going to now. "Ok, I figured we're going to Broadway. Which show?" I asked annoyed. Now I was really curious. "You'll know when we get there" Aaron said once again and laughing at my annoyed expression.

"Are we going to closing night of your show?" I asked when we got closer to the theater that was already so familiar to me. "Yeah. I thought it would be nice to see it once from the audience and it's our last chance" he said. The show was great, Aaron was mouthing the words to everything, but how could he not when just a few month ago it was him up there?

As everyone was coming on stage for one last bow and speeches about how great it has been Brynn started speaking. "Tonight is a special night to all of us. We've been working on this show for over a year, and we have with us today in the audience to very special people who have also been part of this amazing experience. Aaron and Jennifer can you please come up here to join us?" she asked and I looked at Aaron confused.

Did he know this was going to happen? Why would they want me to come up too? "Just go along with it" Aaron whispered to me as we walked up the stairs to the stage. Once we were up there everyone started hugging us and it all felt so crazy. Then someone handed Aaron a microphone.

"Thanks Brynn" he started and smiled at her. "Hi everyone. As some of you might know, I originated the role of Zach, but due to other commitments I had to step out a few month ago. Everyone in this production is my family, we've been through so much together and I love them all so much. I am thankful to all of them for being my friends and supporting me with everything I do, and especially with the help I got from them to understand how important jenny is to me" what? Why is he bringing me into this? I don't do well with crowds and I just wanted to run away.

"Jen, you are the most important thing in my life, and everyone standing here with us helped me see how much I love you. When I broke up with you so that I could dedicate myself to the production they talked sense into me and made me realize that it all meant nothing if I don't have you by my side" Aaron got closer to me and grabbed my hand, and the tears were running down my face.

"So I thought it would be best to do this here near all those wonderful people who've helped me" Aaron slowly reached his pocket taking out a small box, and got down on one knee. "Jennifer Lillian Anderson, I love you, and you mean the world to me, and I can't imagine not being together with you forever. Will you marry me?" I must be dreaming. It can't be true.

As usual my mouth and brain weren't working in sync and before I knew it I was screaming "yes!" and pulled him up to hug him. I couldn't stop the happy tears that were streaming down my face and I could see Aaron was holding back the tears.

He slid the most gorgeous ring I ever saw onto my finger and kissed me, while in the background I could hear people cheering and clapping. We pulled apart to see all of Aarons cast mates smiling at us and Brynn coming to hug me.