CHAPTER 20

Thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Enjoy XX

At some point I relaxed and thanked him, for always being there for me and he just laughed and said "what are friends for". A while later he had to go to rehearsals, but he said he'll come back right after and we'll go to dinner and the show. He left and I was alone again. I wasn't sure what to do. I had to study but I wasn't in the mood for that, so I called my mom to know why no one told me about Kate.

"Hi mom" I said when she answered her phone "Jenny honey! How are you? I miss you so much! We didn't talk for so long!" which is true, and mostly my fault, I was so busy with moving, and then Chris and Aaron and the bar, that I didn't even think to call home.

"Yes I know I'm sorry! But I've been so busy! I miss you too mom!" and I really meant it. My mom was always like one of my closest friends. She liked the same stuff as me and I was always comfortable talking to her about anything that bothered me.

"So how's NY? And your new job? Did you make any friends? And when are we seeing you? You probably heard about Kate if you called, right? So I hope you'll come for more than just the engagement party." my mom always talked and talked and following her was hard.

"One thing at a time mom. NY is great! It's an amazing place. I made some really great friends. And I'm on a leave from my job. Guess what I decided to do?" I knew mom would be happy for me. She always believed in me and told me I should do the bar.

"You're leaving your job?? Why?" she didn't sound very happy "there's a good reason for that! Just guess!" she was taking all the fun out of me telling her this. "Just tell me. You know I hate guessing" "I decided to take the bar exam" and as I finished saying it there was a loud scream on the phone which almost made me drop it.

"Finally! I'm so proud of you!! How is the studying going?" I loved how the conversation turned and I could ignore now the fact that Kate is getting married. "It's not easy, there's a lot to learn, but I study all the time and hopefully it will go well"

"I'm so proud of you! You will finally become a lawyer like you dreamt" she sounded very excited. "Yes I know. But first I need to do well on the test".

"Oh don't worry. You'll do great! But back to the important question! When are you coming to visit?" oh great. And there I thought I avoided it. "When is the engagement party?" I asked a little annoyed. "Next Thursday. But I would really love it if you'd come before and be with us. We miss you! And it's just me and dad now and the house is so empty without the 4 of you" she said a little sad.

My youngest brother John moved to London a few month ago, Kate moved to Washington a year ago to be with Justin, and Amber lived in Miami for the past few years since she got married. I've always stayed close to my parents, and me being here in NY wasn't easy for them even though it's close.

"When is everyone coming in?" I really didn't want to come early just to find Kate there and not Amber or John. "John is coming in on Wednesday night and the rest are coming in in Thursday morning. But please come before. You said you're off work! You can study here".

Going home could be nice. And I knew I'd be able to study there too. "Sure mom. Tuesday sound good?" and before I finished answering she already answered. "Yes! It'd be great! And you'll stay until Sunday. All of you will stay. We'll have a family weekend. We haven't had that for a while!" she sounded so excited, how could I let her down?

"Sure mom. Listen can we talk in a few days? I should really start studying". I didn't want to sound rude nut I really did have to get back to studying, or actually, start for the day.