Chapter two

Measi sat next to Carl as he played with Judith. The group had been on the road for a couple of hours and so they had decided to take a stop in the woods. Her sniper rested between her knees as she watched Rick walk up to Tara. Since they were relatively close to where Measi was sitting, she decided to listen in. ''You didn't want to be there. That's why I tried to talk to you.'' Rick spoke up, his eyes on Tara as they remembered the events of the prison. ''Glenn told me you saved his life.''

''He saved mine.'' She answered with a chuckle, giving a nod. ''That's how it works with us, right?'' Tara nodded at him as she answered back before calling him back as he wanted to walk away. ''Hey.'' She put out her fist for him to fist bumbed it. They both chuckled as Rick motioned to the food. ''Get something to eat. We'll start back at sunup.''

Daryl and Measi walked through the woods, hunting for food. ''How're feeling?'' Measi looked up as she pulled her sniper close. ''You seem closed off.'' She nodded as she continued to walk. ''Meas, come on, talk to me.'' Her head snapped up as she glared at him. ''I don't want to talk about it, it's done, it's over. He's dead, can't do anything about it.'' She walked on, leaves crunching under her army boots as she walked further into the woods. 

Daryl didn't bring it up after, the two siblings continuing to hunt as they caught multiple squirrels surprisingly, they hadn't run into any walkers while in the woods. Sometimes it seemed strange, there were more walkers than humans now-a-days. But during their hunting trip, Measi couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. 

As they returned to their group, she heard multiple guns clock, her and Daryl frowned as he held up his hands. ''We surrender.'' They lowered their guns as Measi and Daryl walked up to Rick.

''No tracks. No nothing.'' Rick nodded as Measi threw her sniper onto her back. ''So whatever you heard last night...''

''It's more what I felt.'' Measi nodded as she continued. ''If someone was watching us, there would have been something.'' Rick whistled to get the group closer. ''Keep close.'' 

Measi kept walking next to Daryl, the two of them leading the group as Measi had a hard stare on her face, until she heard desperate screams. She held up her hand to stop the rest of the group, listening closely. ''Help! Help, anybody! Help!'' Carl turned to his dad with a look on his face Measi couldn't quite place. ''Dad, come on.'' As the man continued to scream, he kept ushering his dad. ''Come on! Come on.'' Measi sighed as she looked up, signaling to Daryl as she climbed up into the tree. If something were to go south, they would at least have their sniper to protect them. ''Anyone, help! Help!'' The rest of the group ran towards the screaming as she tried to get as high as possible. She could hear a gunshot before she had eyes on her group, a small smile on her face as the group reached a, what looked like at least, priest. She shot a walker that Glenn seemed to miss, hitting the walker between the eyes ad her group killed the others around them. 

''We're clear.'' Rick called out as he looked up to where Measi was supposed to be. ''Keep watch!''

''Copy!'' She stayed in the tree, scanning the area for any threats, walkers and humans alike. She could see Rick interrogating the man after he vomited. She rolled her eyes as she caught the sight of a walker, shooting it Glenn turned around, a slight frown on his face as he saw the dead walker, giving a thumbs up to her as she gave a small smile. 

After getting the all clear from Rick, Glenn came to help Measi down, holding his hand out for her to grab as she jumped of the last branch. ''So, where are we headed?''

 ''A church, apparently, the others are just up ahead.'' She walked next to him as she looked at the amount of bullets she had on her. ''Jeez, since the prison my ammo has been low ... but I didn't expect it this low.'' He turned to her as he bumped her shoulder. ''When we hit some home land, we'll go on a run together.'' She chuckled as she looked up to him. ''Like old times.''