Chapter eleven

Measi sat on the porch as she stared at the town of Alexandria. Noah's loss was hard on the group, even more so since Nicholas had told Deanna a false story and was blaming Glenn. Daryl had walked up to his sister, sitting down next to her as he turned to her. ''You alright?'' She shook her head as she laid her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes as she felt his arm go around her stomach and pull her into his side. ''We lost so many people, I can't even name all of them anymore.'' Daryl nodded. 

''I know, I can't either.'' She sighed as she leaned her head against his chest, listening to his heart rate. ''I'm going out later, with Aaron.'' He looked at her with a questioning look. ''Are you going to be okay?'' 

She turned to him before nodding. ''Yeah, you go, I'll be fine.'' 

She sat down with Glenn, he told her what had happened after she got onto the roof. Aiden was dead, he got stuck on a pole impaling him, bleeding out and gotten bit. When they got into the revolving doors, he and Noah had guns, Nicholas had the ammo. No way out until Eugene got them away. They tried to break the glass, but Nicholas chickened out and pushed his side of the doors open towards the outside, resulting in Noah's death. 

She sat there, listening to Glenn talk as she played with a kitchen knife between her fingers. ''I'm so done with losing people.'' Glenn nodded. ''Yeah, we all are.'' They both looked up to all the commotion going on, Rick's screaming as they turned to one another before rushing over, Measi sneaking the knife into her sleeve. 

Rick was on top of Pete as Jessie was crying, Carol holding Sam behind her. The roles got reversed as Jessie tried to pry Pete of Rick, but was pushed away and taken into the care of Rosita. Rick took his opportunity as Carl tried to pull him off, getting pushed away too as Measi pulled him away. ''Don't, he's too angry.'' 

''Stop it! Stop it right now.'' Deanna came running as Rick leaned closer to Pete, whispering something. ''Damn it, Rick! I said stop.''

''Or what?'' He got up onto his knees, pulling a gun out as the people took multipule steps back. ''You gonna kick me out?''

''Put that gun down, Rick.'' Rick panted as he shook his head, still pointing the gun at Deanna's family. ''You still don't get it. None of you do!'' Measi pulled the knife out of her sleeve, getting ready to attack if nessecary, seeing Glenn glance at her hand, knowing she had the knife. ''We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't.'' He screamed as everyone glanced at him. ''You wish things weren't what they are. Well, you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is done. Things don't get better because you-- you want them to. Starting right now, we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here.''

''That's never been more clear to me than it is right now.'' Deanna spoke as Rick gestured to himself. ''Me? Me? You-- You mean-- you mean me?'' He laughed as Measi tucked the knife away, seeing his bloodied up face was enough for her to realize he was off the rails. ''Your way is gonna destroy this place. It's gonna get people killed. It's already gotten people killed. And I'm not gonna stand by and just let it happen. If you don't fight, you die. I'm not gonna stand by--'' Michonne rushed in, hitting his head as Rick passed out onto the concrete, dropping the gun which Michonne pulled from the floor, staring at the man. 

Glenn, Carol, Abraham and Michonne went to check on Rick several hours later, Measi standing between Glenn and Carol as she folded her arms over her chest. 

''Where'd you get the gun?'' Michonne questioned as Carol turned to the man. ''You took it, right? From the armory? That was stupid. Why did you do it?'' Rick stared at her for too long, making Measi glance between the two before understanding. Carol knew, she knew very well. ''Just in case.'' He answered, glancing at the older woman.