Chapter two

Measi walked next to Carl behind Judith's stroller. ''I never thought I'd be doing this.'' She spoke truthfully as she slowed her pace to Carl's. She frowned for a moment, ''how old were you again, when all of this started?'' 

''Ten, I think?'' She hummed as she continued walking. ''Do you remember much, from before?'' He shook his head at her. ''Not really, do you?'' She shrugged. ''Some of it, I mean, I'm only four years older than you are.'' She kicked a pebble up ahead as she pursed her lips together. ''I'm kind of glad I was that young, made it easier to adapt I think.'' He nodded as they walked, passing Ron and Enid as Gabriel approached them from behind. ''Carl?''

''What?''

''You heard what I told Deanna about your group.''

''What do you want?'' Measi turned to him, placing a hand on Carl's shoulder, leaning on him. ''It was about me, not you or your group. I know that now. I want to help. You tried to teach me back at my church. But I'm ready to learn now.'' Carl sighed as he nodded. ''I think you need to tell everybody.''

''Yeah, I think you're right.'' Carl started walking away, before speaking up. ''Come by around 3:00. We'll start with the machete.'' He turned to Measi with a pleading look. ''You can teach him by yourself, I'm not going back to kindergarten.'' He chuckled as she threw her arm around his neck, ''You're like my older sister, you know that?'' She smiled. ''I know.'' Then nodding and leading him back to their house. 

She sat on the couch when she heard screaming and yelling coming from outside. She frowned as she rushed upstairs and grabbed her gun and knife from her room. After the Pete and Reg fiasco, their group was allowed to have the guns. ''I saw from upstairs. They're coming in from all over.'' Carl spoke as they both ran downstairs, meeting with Carol. ''You have to stay here and keep Judith safe.'' She spoke as she passed Measi her sniper. ''And you need to go up in your window and kill as many as you can.'' She nodded as she took the sniper and rushed to the door, locking the door and other windows before they rushed upstairs. 

She slid open the window as she rested the gun on it, looking through the scope with one eye as she got ready to shoot all of the people. When she was finally set up, she took her first shot, smirking as she hit one of them in the head. 

It was hard to shoot people from where she sat, their house wasn't one that was facing the entire town, but just a section of it and so she had to keep roaming her eyes over the scene. She could hear another sniper from one of the watchtowers before she heard a truck and than a loud horn. 

Her eyes widened in horror, all of the walkers that were currently being led away would come back into their direction. She sighed as she threw the sniper over her back and running downstairs, frowning at Enid before looking at Carl. ''I'm going out there, I can barely get an angle from here.'' He nodded as she ran outside, her gun ready as she shot another one. The horn finally stopped as one of the people came running at her, clearly not expecting the girl to be as skilled as she was. She pulled her knife out, dodging the man as she slid under his arm before jamming her knife into his knee. He cried out in pain as she pulled it back and jamming it back into his chest two times, seeing him crumble to the ground before she struck him in the brain. 

She pushed her knife back into her boot as she grabbed her gun from it's holster. She shot another that came running at her before seeing one of the people of Alexandria in trouble and rushing over to them, shooting their attacker in the back before shooting again. She saw Carol dressed as one of theirs. ''Measi! You got your gun?'' 

''Yeah, how many more are there?'' 

''Enough, keep going!'' She nodded as they both ran in other directions. Maggie, Rosita, Aaron and Morgan were out there too, Measi saw Morgan closing the gate after five people running out as she shot another one of them coming from behind. 

Minutes later, the shooting stopped and that was the end of it. 

Hours later, more members returned to Alexandria, including Michonne and her group. No Glenn, Daryl, Sasha or Abraham yet. ''Open the gate!'' Rick came in running with more walkers than Measi had seen before, even more than at the farm, prison or Terminus. 

''You can hear it. Some of you saw it.'' Rick spoke loudly as people stood behind the walls. ''They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us 20 deep. Look, I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this. But we're safe for now. The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the wall's gonna hold together. Can you?'' Measi paced on the spot as others around them looked anxiously. 

''The others, they're gonna be back.''

''They're gonna be back.'' Rosita confirmed, nodding her head. ''Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles. They're gonna lead 'em away, just like the others.'' He looked at Maggie for a moment. ''And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk back through the front gate after. They know what they're doing, and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum. Pull our blinds at night. Even better, keep the lights out. We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on.''

''This place is a graveyard.'' One of the woman of Alexandria spoke, listening to the banging and growling outside the walls. ''The quarry broke open and those walkers were heading this way. All of them.'' Aaron spoke as he looked at the citizens. ''The plan that Rick put into place stopped that from happening. He got half of them away. I was out there recruiting with Daryl. I wanted to try to get into a cannery and scavenge, and Daryl wanted to keep looking for people. We did what I wanted... and we wound up in a trap set by those people. And I lost my pack. They must've followed our tracks. Those people who attacked us... they found their way back here because of me.'' Measi gave him a look of sympathy, it must have felt awful. 

'' There'll be more to talk about.'' Rick spoke as he looked at the group. 

''Deanna?'' Tobin questioned as she walked away from them. No-one daring to follow the woman. 

Measi had climbed into one of the towers, staring at the large crowd of walkers around the walls. She sighed as she stared at it, there was no way those walls were going to hold, they were going to give, it was only a matter of time. 

So, I've decided to put quite some episodes into one chapter as they were all over the place and so, there you go. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated of when I post. See you soon!

-X Violet's-library