Chapter nine

Measi sat on the couch as she read one of the many books that was stored in the house. She leaned the book against her knees that were pulled up to her body. She was the only one in the house with Carl and Judith. She didn't get a job and she refused to go to the set-up school, it was too easy for her. She glanced at her sniper that was leaning against the couch. 

Glenn walked in with a smirk on his face as he threw a dress her way. ''What's this?'' 

''It's called a dress, woman sometimes wear it-'' 

''I know what a dress is, I meant, why are you throwing it at my face?''

''Cause you're wearing it tonight. There is a party in our honor, so you're coming with us.'' Before she had time to react, he walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. ''Wear it!'' She scoffed as she threw it to the other end of the couch and continued to read the book in her hands. 

Somehow, Measi stood in front of a full-body mirror in the same dress Glenn had tossed her a few hours ago. Maggie leaned against the door frame as she looked at the teenager. ''You look nice.'' Measi scoffed as she turned away from the mirror. ''Never thought I'd see you this way.'' She looked at her before sighing. ''I gave that one to Glenn to give it to you.'' She had to swallow tears away before continuing. ''It was Beth's ... '' She looked at the teen with a small smile. ''I know she'd like you to have it and she was right, it looks beautiful on you.''  Measi gave her a smile as she walked up to Maggie with open arms, engulfing the older woman in a hug. ''This way it seems like she's still here.'' 

 Measi walked into the Monroe house with Glenn and Maggie, trying to hide behind the two as much as possible and failing miserably. ''Wauw.'' She turned to Carl's voice as she shot him a deadly glare. ''Not a word.'' 

''It was a good wauw.'' 

''Sure it was.'' He smiled as he nodded to a group of teenagers. ''I'm going to make sure that they know you're not interested.'' She chuckled as she softly shoved him. ''And that you could kill them with your bare hands.'' Nodding at her hand he smiled. ''Even with only eight fingers.'' 

She stuck close to the rest of her group through the night, she seemed to be the only one that was out of her place, but than she noticed Noah was nowhere in sight. ''Glenn, where's Noah?'' He glanced around before seeing the boy around the corner. ''Come on.'' 

''Hey. You okay?''

''Yeah. Yeah. Just isn't really my thing.'' Measi nodded as he added. ''I think I'm gonna head out.''

''No, no. You're not bailing.'' She laughed as Glenn nodded at him. ''We're in this together, man.'' Maggie nodded as well, placing a hand on Measi's shoulder, indirectly speaking to her as well. ''You're here with us now. You're here with family. Come on.'' 

Tara had walked up to the girl and passed her a wine glass. ''Wow, are you sure you don't need to keep up the act of good girl?'' 

''I know you've drunk wine before.'' She pushed the glass of white wine in her hand with a smile. ''No need to say thank you.'' She laughed as Measi took a sip, ''wasn't planning on it.'' Tara turned to her as she saw the smile on her face and laughed with the younger girl. ''But I am planning on drinking more than you.'' The two laughed as they walked back to the group. 

Measi closed the door behind her as she sighed deeply. Her arm itched as she tried to ignore the feeling, her entire body shaking as she stood against the door of the empty house. ''Measi?'' Her eyes opened to see Daryl standing on the staircase, watching his sister visibly shake as she scratched her arm furiously. ''Hey, come here.'' He walked downstairs and pulled her into a hug. ''What's wrong?''

''This entire place ... parties, no look-outs, a school.'' She leaned against his torso as she was slowly stopping her shaking body. ''We're not safe here, those walls aren't going to be here forever.'' She pulled back as she looked at him. ''It's just like Merle said ... if something is too good to be true, it usually is.'' He sighed as he nodded. ''Hey, listen to me.'' She looked up as she wiped a tear away. ''We can make this work, okay? We will. Make this work.'' He pulled her back in as he stroked her long hair, softly shushing his crying sister.  

Much more of a filler chapter to show some of the good moments of this book/show. I hope you enjoyed to see more of the relationships between the characters cause I most certainly did. I hope to see you in the next chapter and if you enjoyed this chapter leave leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated, see you next time!

-X Violet's-library