Chapter ten

Measi sat next to Glenn as he just finished drawing a sketch of the inside of the prison on the floor with some chalk. 

''Now you said you found Tyreese's group here?'' He pointed at the boiler section as Carl nodded, giving a small 'Yeah.' as Measi frowned, speaking up.

''I secured that, I cleaned it out.''

''He thought he came through here.'' He pointed at another point on the makeshift map, Measi frowning. 

''Means there's another breach. Okay. The whole front of the prison is insecure. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men.''

''Why are we even so sure he's going to attack? Maybe you scared him off.'' Beth reasoned as she sat down on her knees next to Measi.

''He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming.'' Measi cringed in disgust, sure she could understand wanting to attack them, but keeping human and walker heads in tanks ... that was another level. 

''We should hit him now. -- He won't be expecting it.'' Glenn reasoned, his eyes darting between Measi and Michonne. ''We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head.''

''We're not assassins.'' Measi retorted back.

''You know where his apartment is.'' Glenn had walked up to Michonne, his eyes piercing into hers as he spoke. ''You and I could end this tonight.'' When Michonne just sighed, he raised his shoulder at her. ''I'll do it myself.''

''He didn't know you were coming last time and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured. And you, Nathan and Maggie were almost executed.'' At the mention of Nathan's name, Measi couldn't help but glance at her boyfriend, who still hadn't spoken to her.

''You can't stop me.''

''Rick would never allow this.''

''You really think he's in any position to make that choice?''

''Think this through clearly. T-Dog lost his life here. Lori, too. The men that were here. It isn't worth any more killing. -- What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now.''

''And go where?'' Measi looked between Glenn and Hershel, she could see both sides, it wasn't safe for them to stay, but they took a big risk if they left right now, they would be exposed and in constant danger. 

''We lived on the road all winter.''

''Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours.'' Measi pursed her lips together, she couldn't disagree with that, Glenn had a good point. 

''We can't stay here.''

''We can't run.'' When Maggie walked away from the group, Glenn was silent for a moment before speaking again. ''All right. We'll stay put. We're gonna defend this place. We're making a stand.''

''Carl, you and I will go down to the tombs. We need to figure out where the breach is.''

''You got it.''

''You'll need some help.'' Measi answered, at the moment she would do anything to distract herself from Nathan and Daryl. 

''No, in case anything happens, I need you out here.'' Glenn than glanced around his eyes silently resting on Measi. ''Who's on watch?'' When nobody answered, he sighed loudly as he walked away. ''Damn it.''

Measi was done sitting around, she had allowed herself to go outside, Merle's old knife in her hand as she was standing in front of the fence, pushing the blade into the walkers' heads before pulling it out again. 

All her anger and rage about Daryl leaving and Nathan ignoring her were coming out with the second. It angered her more than she imagined, she didn't think it would be so hard to keep her emotions under control. Blood splattered on her face and clothes as she kept jamming into into one of the walker's head that was slummed against the fence. When she couldn't stab anything anymore, her head twisted towards Carol and Axel who were reinforcing one of the fences that connected cell blocks C and D. 

Nathan appeared beside her, his eyes darting to the walker she had killed. She didn't turn her head to him as she jammed her knife into another one's skull. ''You messed that one up pretty good ... '' 

Nathan looked at Measi as she jammed her head into yet another walker, he knew he messed up, and he knew it wouldn't be easy to get though to her.  ''Can we talk?'' 

''You want to talk now?'' She finally turned her head to him, his eyes going to the blood on the side of her face. 

''I'm sorry, okay?'' When she tucked the knife into her belt. ''I know that I messed up, I messed up big time.'' 

''Yup, you did.'' 

''Measi ... '' 

''What, when I wanted to talk you could give me the silent treatment but when you want to talk I just have to fall into your arms and forgive you?'' He pursed his lips together at those words, he knew it wouldn't be easy to convince her.

''I was acting stupid and I ... I admit that, I admit I wasn't a good boyfriend and I admit I was wrong to do that. I was angry at Merle and I placed that anger on you, I shouldn't have.'' She had finally looked him in the eye as he stared at her. ''I'm sorry Measi, I truly, truly am.'' 

She took a moment of silence as stared at her, he just wished she could find it in her to forgive him. She than broke into a small smile as she pulled him closer to herself, letting her face rest in his chest. ''Was that so hard?'' 

He frowned as she pulled back. ''it's that easy?''

''I just wanted to hear you say it.''

''Say what?''

''That you were wrong and that you're sorry.'' she chuckled as he sighed in relief. ''You're just as stubborn as I am with doing that. -- And for the record, I'm pissed at Merle too, if he were standing here I would most likely knock him out cold.'' 

Nathan chuckled as she said that. ''Rick kind of already did that.'' 

''Nawh, I'd trade a bullet to see that.'' They got snapped out of their daydream when a bullet went past them, the both of them ducking to the ground before rushing away to take cover. Nathan had pulled her behind one of the pallets as she looked at Carol, who was stuck behind Axel's dead body. She pointed her sniper at the sniper in the guard tower. 

''Can you hit him?'' She fired the shot before the man dropped dead on the floor. ''I guess that's a yes.'' The firing stopped for a moment, only to be replaced by the sound of an engine as a van drove through the fence and let out a couple of thirty walkers. She pointed her sniper at one that came close to Hershel, only to hear a click instead of a bullet. 

''Shit.'' Nathan took over, pointing his gun at the walkers as he rushed closer while Measi took out her knife, killing some of the walkers that were closer to her. When Glenn had picked Hershel up with the car, she fought her way through the field, panting as she leaned against her knees when she was behind the fence.  

Didn't take more than a week to upload, woehhhhhh! If you enjoyed this chapter, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated. I'll see you soon!

-X Violet's-library