Chapter four

''Alright, let's get the other car in.'' Measi stood to the side as Carol parked yet another car in the field. ''We'll park 'em in the west entry of the yard.''

''Good. Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant "vacancy" sign!'' Daryl spoke as he walked next to his sister, his arm over her shoulders as they walked.

'' After that, we need to load up these corpses so we can burn them.'' 

''Nathan and I can help with that.'' Rick gave her a nod in thanks as Carol looked around herself, her eyebrows furrowing together as she did so.

''Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some help.''

''Up in the guard tower.'' Daryl spoke up, his right hand lifting from Measi's shoulders as he pointed up.

''Guard tower? They were just up there last night!'' Measi shielded her eyes from the sun as she looked up into the guard tower, shouting for Glenn and Maggie's names.

''Glenn! Maggie!'' As the door clicked from it's lock, Measi moved her hand to her mouth to stop the laughter bursting out. Glenn come out of the tower, without a shirt while trying to buttoning his pants. 

''Hey! What's up guys?'' He shouted back, the other four adults with Measi laughing at the sight. The shouting went back and forth for a moment before Maggie and Glenn finally showed up with the others, the five who were already down still laughing at them as Glenn softly hit Measi on her shoulder. ''Shut up.''

''Hey Rick!'' Their attention was pulled away from the two lovers as their heads turned to T-Dog, who pointed at at the  prisoners Axel and Oscar who came out of their cell block, walking towards them. 

''That's close enough. We had an agreement.''

''Please, mister. We know that, we made a deal. -- But you gotta understand! We can't live in that place another minute, you follow me?'' Measi and Daryl glanced at each other for a small moment, before Axel kept talking. ''All the bodies, people we knew! Blood, brains everywhere! There's ghosts!''

''Why don't you move the bodies out?'' 

''You should be burning them.'' Measi added to her brother's comment, her eyes set in a confused look. 

''We tried! We did!''

''The fence is down on the far side of the prison. Every time we drag a body out, those things just line up. So hump in a body and just running back inside.''

''Look! We had nothing to do with Thomas and Andrew, nothing! You trying to prove a point? You proved it, bro! We'll do whatever it takes to be a part of your group, just, please, please, don't make us live in that place!''

''Our deal is not negotiable. You either live in your cell block, or you leave.''

''I told you this was a waste of time. They ain't no different than the pricks who shot up our boys. You know how many friends' corpses we had to drag out this week? Just threw 'em out like... Those were good guys! Good guys who had our backs against the really bad dudes in the joint like Thomas and Andrew. Now, we've all made mistakes to get in here, chief, and I'm not gonna pretend to be a saint, but believe me... we paid our due. Enough that we would rather hit that road, than to go back into that shithole.'' Rick turned to Daryl who shook his head no.

''Are you serious? You want them living in a cell next to you? They'll just be waiting for a chance to grab our weapons, you want to go back to sleeping with one eye open''

''I never stopped.'' Measi couldn't help but to agree with T-Dog, she still didn't feel comfortable sleeping in the cells. ''Bring them into the fold. If we send them off packing, we might as well execute them ourselves.''