Chapter ten

Measi frowned as Eugene refused the gun Noah tried to give him. ''Oh, no, thank you.''

''Just take it.'' Measi groaned loudly as she pushed the ammo into her sniper before throwing it over her shoulder. ''Come on, you got to protect yourself.''

''Not if I don't go.'' Aiden shook his head. ''We're not driving all that way so we can just drive back with the wrong shit.''

''It's a dozen of these. They are consistent in appearance across manufacturers. The shit will be right. I will install said shit.'' Measi pursed her lips together as she looked at the device. Even though she was quite clever, she had to admit she had no clue what they were going to be looking for. ''Then the grid will be fully operational again.'' Noah pushed the gun in his hands. Measi looked up at the familiar sound of a hand gun before it was thrown her way. ''I don't-''

''Yes, you do, just take it.'' She gave a small smile to Noah as she pushed the gun into a holster strapped to her hip. She watched everyone say their goodbye's as she climbed into the van, sitting between Noah and Tara as she checked if her knife was tucked in her shoe. ''So, seriously, though, what's her story?'' Before anyone could answer Tara about her question about Holly, aka, her new crush, the loud music started to play. ''Great, another mix.'' She listened to the lyrics as she scoffed.  'Now you're going to die.' She turned to Glenn. ''Well isn't that cheerful?''

''Helps draw them away.''

 ''That's it there?'' The group climbed out of the van as they halted to a stop, Tara looking at the building as she asked the question. 

''That's the warehouse.''

''Looks like that door is our fastest way in and out.'' Aiden remarked as he unloaded some of the equipment they brought. 

''We should know all the exits first. So there's a plan if things go south.''

''Already got one.'' Nicholas gave a small chuckle as he turned to Glenn. ''It's called going out the front.''

''Measi, your back.'' She turned as she heard the snarling from behind it. ''Got it.'' She pulled the sniper of her back as she aimed before shooting the walker between the eyes and pushing her sniper back. ''Look at you with the aim.'' Aiden walked to her as he gave her a pat on the shoulder as she looked at Nicholas who had a surprised look on his face. ''Glenn's right, we should do a perimeter check.'' Aiden noticed as they grabbed the last of their stuff. ''Know our exits just in case.''

They paired up as Measi looked up to the roofs. ''I'll go up, see if I can find anything from up.'' Glenn noticed as they looked a ladder going up, ''Well, there is an easy way this time.'' She chuckled as she waved at them before climbing up the ladder and onto the roof. 

Climbing from roof to roof, as they were all pretty close, she ended up with a good view of the center before the warehouse. It was swarmed with walkers as she sighed. ''It just can't be easy, can it?'' 

She met up back at the back entrance as the group busted in the door. She glanced inside before looking at Aiden. ''Give it another second. It's a big place.'' She grabbed a flashlight as she turned back to him. ''There could be some inside.''

Measi held her handgun and flashlight in hand as they entered the warehouse, passing through aisles as she listened to a metal being hit. ''They're stuck behind something.''

''How do you know?''

''We don't.'' Glenn continued as he glanced at Measi. ''But they aren't here.''

''All right. Hey, let's go. Eyes up.'' Measi and Glenn took the lead as she suddenly heard a lot of snarls from behind a metal cage. You know your stuff.''

''We were out there a long time.'' Tara spoke as she turned to Noah who stood next to Measi, nodding at Glenn's words. ''There could be more. ''

''Let's get to work.'' Measi took one of the aisles further away from the group, shining her flashlight around as she looked for the devices they needed. She could hear Tara say that they found it as she continued to look for other stuff, such as batteries. Measi glanced up as she heard gunshots coming from further away, then Glenn's screams. ''Stop!'' The next thing she remembered was a loud blast that caused the shelves to fall. She fell backwards as a shelf landed on top of her, pinning her to the ground. She coughed loudly from the smoke and dust entering her lungs as she pushed herself away from the shelves. ''Noah? Tara? Eugene?'' 

''Measi!?'' 

''Back here!'' she glanced in the distance as she shone her light, seeing her way out blocked. ''You guys okay?''

''The cage is open, they're getting out!'' 

''Here!'' She heard Eugene's voice coming from another direction as she tried to get up, groaning in pain as she grabbed her gun from the ground before jumping and screaming in surprise. Pushing her arm up, she pushed away a walker before shooting it. ''Guys, I'm getting swarmed here!'' 

At least a dozen walkers were now on her side as she dodged a walker and shot it. ''I'm not getting to your side, I'm going around!'' 

''Can you handle it?!'' Noah's voice rang out.

''I kind off have to! Already bitten once, not going to happen again!'' She climbed on top of a shelf that was still left standing as she shone her flashlight around. ''There is a way to the roof, I'm going up and I'll meet you outside!'' 

''Goodluck!'' She pushed open the hatched to the roof as she climbed out of the building, closing the hatched behind her. She coughed as she landed on the roof, getting the air knocked out of her lungs as she stared at the sky for a moment. She pushed herself up as she looked around. ''Now, how to get them out?'' 

Standing on top of the roof with her sniper in hands, she shot every walker in the way of the front door. She knew she wouldn't have the ammo, but she could at least make a dent so they could shoot their way out. She stopped as she heard the remix playing again, Eugene in the van as he drew them away. She smiled as she threw her sniper onto her back as she turned away and jumped onto another roof. She continued her way back to the ladder as she climbed down, running to the front entrance.   She stopped in her tracks as she saw Glenn sitting in the revolving doors, tears streaming down his face. ''Glenn!'' Than she saw it, Noah. ''Glenn, we have to get out, otherwise we're next!'' She had to stop herself from chocking on her tears as she pushed the door, getting his side open. ''We can grieve back at Alexandria, we have to get out. Now.'' He nodded as he took off in a sprint. She arrived at the van a moment later, seeing Glenn hit Nicholas to knock him out. ''Help me get him in the back.'' He spoke through his tears as Eugene frowned. ''Where's Noah?'' Glenn shook his head before walking to Nicholas and grabbing his arms as Measi grabbed his legs, dragging the man who just killed their friend into the van. 

Measi sat next to Glenn as she sat in the passenger seat, staring at the road as she though back of Noah. Their group had just become smaller again. Maybe, just maybe, if she'd gotten there earlier, she could have saved him. She let her head rest against the window as she let a tear fall from her eye before wiping it away quickly, not letting either Eugene or Glenn see her tears. 

Goodbye Noah, your time on the show and in the book was sadly enough short lived. Honestly, Noah's death was one that shocked me and I still find one of the most gruesome death's on the show. I found it so sad as he first wanted to sacrifice himself for Beth and then she died and than not even 7 episodes later, he dies too. So, even though this death, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did, please leave a vote, comment and add this book to your reading list to stay updated. See you soon!

-X Violet's-library