Saturday Night's Alright (For Fightin')

It seems as though the traffic lights have a vendetta against FP as he somehow managed to hit every single red light on his way home.  "Sorry babe, traffic was insane." He apologizes as he walks in the door.

He heads upstairs to freshen up his appearance and finds Gladys finishing up her makeup at her vanity.  "You almost ready?" He wonders, taking a comb through his hair.

"Oh right, the meeting." She frowns. "I'm not going to make it."

He turns his head and stares at her. "What do you mean you're not going to make it?"

"Chantal called and asked me to meet her for breakfast." Gladys shrugs as if it's no big deal.

"Well call her and reschedule." FP frantically suggests.

She gapes. "I already agreed!"

"You have to make this meeting Gladys, the tour is coming fast, and we've got to make sure everything is ready." He argues, trying to drive home how pivotal this meeting is for them.

"I can't just call and cancel on her, I'm supposed to be on my way right now." She snips.

"If you're already late what's the difference?"

She rolls her eyes and shuffles her hair once more before walking past him without a word. He pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration and follows after her. "We're not done here."

"Yes, we are." She tells him, slipping on her coat, making it ever clear that there's no changing her mind. "I trust you and your decisions, just do what you think is best."

"It isn't about what I think is best, G. We have to go over lighting, set changes, finishing touches on the wardrobe, you need to be there for all that." He lists, this isn't just any old boring meeting, but she's acting as if it is.

"I'll make the next one, we can talk about it all then." She opens the door to leave but FP catches her elbow.

"Gladys-" He pleads softly, she rips her arm out of his grasp with a huff.

"Jesus would you drop it already? I'm not coming, tell them I'm sorry, tell them it's all my fault, I don't care." She sighs when she's the look on his face. "Look I'm sorry, I forgot. I'll make the next one okay?" She promises and pecks a hasty kiss to his cheek before slipping out the door.

He sighs and shuts the door with a little more force then normal, the stress of everything getting to him. It's like he's doing everything on his own, because she doesn't seem to care at all.

<>

"Hi, I'm sorry, I'm late!" FP apologizes profusely as he bursts into the meeting room in a huff.

"It's okay, you're here now." Fred cocks his head to look behind him. "Where's Gladys?"

FP bites back a sigh as he takes a seat in one of the leather chairs. "Went for breakfast with a friend, said to apologize."

Fred nods, biting his cheek in concentration. "I was hoping to talk to both of you."

FP's eyebrows furrow. "Everything alright?"

"Yes, everything's fine, for the most part, it's just, you haven't given us a finalized setlist yet."

FP sighs, letting his head fall into his hand. "It's almost done I promise, Gladys has just been preoccupied lately, we haven't gotten a chance to work on it together."