We Danced

"Absolutely not." Says Alice, almost as soon as the idea is out of FP's mouth.

"Why not? It'll be fun." He pouts.

"I can't dance." She tells him simply, a little shyly.

"Can't? Or won't?" Mary questions, already on board with FP's idea.

"Both." Alice answers. "I've got two left feet, trust me, it's embarrassing."

"Fred can't dance either-"

"Hey!" Fred gapes, tossing his hands up. "Sitting right here, man."

"Honey, it's true." Mary tells him softly. "We love you anyway."

"Come on, Al, it'll be fun. That's all it is, a fun place to blow off stress for a few hours, it doesn't matter if you can dance or not, let's just go and have a good time."

She can see the hope in his eyes as he pitches the idea to her once more and she sighs. "Fine, I'll go. But don't say I didn't warn you."

"That's the spirit!" FP claps.

<>

FP makes his way down the hall to Alice's room at exactly 7:00 as promised, and he raps softly on the door. He hears her voice from behind and waits patiently for her to answer. When she does, he immediately feels his knees weaken; she's beautiful.

"Hey," She greets. "Do you think this is okay?" She wonders, twirling slightly so he can see her full outfit.

"Y-yeah." He stumbles to get out. "You look great."

She blushes and it's then that she finally takes in his look. "I see you really embraced the square dance theme?"

He smirks and tips his cowboy hat at her. "Suits me pretty well, don't you think?"

"You do make it work." She agrees, taking in the full ensemble, from the hat, to the crisp white button up that he's rolled up his forearms, and the pointed boots that have definitely seen better days. He's a walking cliche. "So this was all just in your closet?" She wonders, smiling sweetly at him.

"Don't judge," He begins. "You wander into some interesting stores while on tour."

"Hey no judgement here," She defends. "Just think it's cute that you moonlight as a cowboy on occasion."

"I'm a man of many surprises, what can I say." He jokes. "You all set?"

She nods. "Lead the way."

He does so, walking just slightly ahead of her, unaware of how her eyes fall to take in his backside in his well fitted jeans.

<>

"You fit in perfectly." Alice teases as she catches a glimpse of the patrons outside, dressed nearly identical to FP.

"Not my first rodeo," He plays into it, and holds the door open for her, putting on his best western accent. "After you, ma'am."

"Is this what you're gonna be like all night?" She drawls, feigning annoyance but he sees right through her as soon as she smiles.

"Come on, it's fun." He promises. "It's time for you to let loose little lassie."

She scrunches her nose. "Little lassie?"

"Too southern?"

She laughs, her head tilting back. "Maybe a tad."