Room For 2

"Do you two have any surprise songs up your sleeve tonight?" The band's lead guitarist teases FP and Alice as they all stand together in the lobby.

"Does everyone just hold a grudge over us because of that?" FP wonders, chuckling slightly. "But no, I think we're sticking to the script tonight."

There really isn't room for improvisation anymore FP has come to realize. With the latest development in he and Alice's relationship, he finds it hard not to look like a love stricken fool just being near her, let alone doing an impromptu unplanned performance.

He's sure he'd get so caught up in the moment he'd forget there's an audience and they'd be the cover of every tabloid.

One day he'll get to proudly show his affection for her, and he can't wait for that.

"I'd like to butt in here and point out that every time there's been an unplanned song it was FP's idea." Alice says, tossing him under the bus with ease and a cheeky smile.

He can't but grin, as his jaw falls. "I don't see you complaining." He fires back, smirking.

"That's just absurd!" Fred's voice echoes across the lobby, catching all of their attention.

FP and Alice share a similar look of confusion and walk in sync to the front desk where Fred seems to be in a heated disagreement with the receptionist.

"Everything okay?" FP wonders, placing a calming hand on Fred's shoulder.

"Our reservation is all messed up." The taller man sighs. "We're missing one room."

"Sir as I told you before, you reserved this amount of rooms, there's no mistake." The receptionist repeats.

"That's impossible, we book the same number of rooms at every hotel."

"So we'll just book another room?" FP decides, more calm then Fred. "There's another room right?"

"They're booked for the night. Probably with one of the rooms we reserved." Fred bites.

The receptionist fights hard not to roll her eyes. "Tomorrow we have an available room around eleven that we can reserve for you?"

"See? It's not so bad, surely one night of sharing a room won't kill anybody." Mary decides with ease. "FP? Alice? Are you two comfortable sharing for the night?"

"Mare-" Fred begins to protest.

"What? There's no harm in asking." She says coolly to her husband. "If not, I'll share with Alice, you share with FP. It's not ideal but we can make it work, just stop panicking." Mary turns back to the blushing two in front of her and FP instantly knows there's something up. "So?"

FP and Alice share a look. "Uh... that's fine with me. If you're okay with it?" Alice replies, looking towards FP.

"Yeah... yeah, I'll uh, take the couch. Or order up a cot, either works."

"See?" Mary turns back to Fred. "Crisis averted. And tomorrow we can get the extra room."

Fred sighs and looks apologetically at the receptionist. "Sorry, it's been a long night."

She smiles warmly at him. "No worries. So would you like me to reserve the room for eleven tomorrow?"

"Yeah, that'd be great thanks. And could we get some extra pillows and blankets sent up to the room?"

"Would you like the cot as well?"

"We're going to start bringing the bags up," Mary informs him, excusing herself. FP and Alice follow suit, clutching their bags in hand. "You two can thank me later." She states nonchalantly as she presses the button for their floor, making sure they're out of earshot from Fred.

Fp's eyebrows furrow. "Wait- Mare, did you-"

"Re-arrange the reservations so you two could stay with each other? Yes." She smirks devilishly. "I'd make the most of it because this is probably the only time I can get away with doing so."

"But why?" Alice wonders. "I mean, thank you, but you didn't have to."

"I know." She shrugs. "But I figured you two probably need some privacy to talk things over. And I know what it's like, that beginning of relationship bliss? Just enjoy, order room service and relax." She tells them sweetly.

The elevator is silent for a moment as FP mulls through his thoughts. "I'm going to tell him." FP states boldly. "Soon, at least."

Mary's eyes widen. "You are?"

"I can't keep things from him, Mare. I've never been able to." His voice shakes a little and he feels Alice fingers find his, linking them together in comfort. "He's going to be pissed but... I don't want to hide it from him."

"It's probably better to tell him early on," Mary agrees. "If he found out any other way... well I think he'd take it a lot harder."

"Do you really think he's going to take it bad?" Alice wonders, voice thick with insecurity. "I don't want to be the reason you and him get in a fight." She directs the comment to FP.

He shakes his head immediately and curls his arm around her, pressing a kiss to her temple. "He won't be mad, necessarily-"

"No. More worried." Mary adds. "Once he sees you two together though? He'll come around."

"You think?"

She smiles brightly. "I know. I mean look at you two? How could he be mad at something so pure?"

Alice secures her arms tighter around FP, breathing him in. "I hope so."

"That all being said, while I manages to get you two a room together? Try and make sure you get some sleep."

"What's that supposed to mean?" FP chuckles, but Mary just raises an eyebrow at him.

"You know what that means. Have your fun but don't forget you have a job to do." The elevator finally reaches their floor and Mary grabs her suitcase. "Alright, here we are!" Mary walks off, leaving the stunned couple in her wake.

"Does she think we're rabbits or something?" FP wonders aloud, laughing lightly.

"Does it matter?" Alice replies, snaking her hands up his chest to cup his face. "We don't have to hide, we can just be together."

FP smiles down at her, her words striking a chord in him. "Together sounds damn good to me."