On Top Of The World

FP Jones and Alice Smith tease brand new duet during latest concert

"Every Other Weekend" the brand new song from FP Jones and Alice Smith will bring you to tears.

Another hit song? Listen to the latest FP Jones song, a duet with Alice Smith.

"We just put ourselves in the shoes of every divorced parent out there, we wanted to create something beautiful." - Singer FP Jones on his new song "Every Other Weekend"

Surprise duet stuns crowd at FP Jones and Alice Smith's most recent show.

"These reviews are incredible, you two." Mary applauds as she reads FP and Alice the feedback of their impromptu debut.

"Thankfully. Someone decided not to give any warning before playing it." Alice chides FP.

"Well it worked out, didn't it?" He smirks smugly.

"You're lucky it did, or Fred might have had a canary." Mary jokes. "Seriously though, great job. I'm really proud of the both of you."

"Thanks Mary." Alice smiles.

"Yes, thank you again for calling." Fred's voice is heard as he steps back onto the stage. "Bye now."

He's practically beaming as he pockets his phone again. "You'll never guess who that was!"

"Who?" FP questions, sitting up straighter in his seat.

"The Grammy's. You're nominated for best song!" Fred announces loudly and cheerfully.

"I-what? I am?" FP questions, the words shocking him.

"You are buddy, Blank Sheet of Paper is up for best song!"

"FP! Congratulations!" Alice and Mary squeal in unison, throwing their arms around the man in celebration.

"I've never been nominated before." He murmurs. "There's been buzz before but I've never actually been nominated... this... I don't know what to say."

"You deserve it, man." Fred tells him, drawing him for a tight hug, clapping his back.

"It's about time." Mary chuckles. "You deserve this, FP."

"Thanks guys. I... I don't want to get all sappy but I really wouldn't be here without any of you. Each of you have helped me in some way, and have gotten me to where I am, I can't thank you enough."

"I think this calls for celebration," One of the band members exclaims. "I'm making reservations at that really expensive looking steakhouse we passed after soundcheck."

"I'm in!" FP chuckles. "God... a Grammy nomination. I can't believe it."

Fred smiles proudly. "Believe it pal, you're in the big leagues now."

<>

With soundcheck over, everyone heads back to the hotel they've been put up in to get ready for a celebratory dinner, but as FP buttons his dress shirt he can't help but feel guilty.

Alice had been happy for him, and she had insisted when they wrote the song that it was his, that she wanted zero credit, but that was before they embarked on this tour together, before they became friends. This should be their award.

After grabbing his wallet he makes his way down the hall to Alice's room and knocks on it, waiting patiently for her to answer. "One second!" She calls from inside, and he hears some shuffling before an out of breath Alice answers the door. "I'm almost ready, just give me five minutes!" She exclaims, an earring dangling from her fingers as she hastily tries to put them on.

"Take your time, there's no rush." He insists, sitting on the edge of the bed as Alice touches up her makeup in the mirror. "I actually came because I wanted to talk to you before dinner."

She locks eyes with him in the mirror and raises an eyebrow at him. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine, it's just... I don't know I guess I just feel a little guilty is all."

Alice turns around to face him. "Guilty? What do you have to feel guilty for?"

"We wrote this song together, Alice, it's not fair that I'm the one who gets all the praise."

"FP, we've had this conversation a million times, you don't have to feel guilty about it." She insists, sitting down beside him. "I'm so proud to have written this song with you, but like I told you when we did, it's your song. You laid the foundation I just helped polish it up. You deserve every ounce of praise you get for it."

"But-"

"No buts." Alice cuts him off. "This is your first nomination, FP. You've been through so much lately, you deserve this. And I couldn't be more proud to have even a slight hand in it."

He casts his eyes to the floor as he speaks. "You know, I wouldn't have this nomination without you. Hell, I don't think I'd even have a song without you, I'd probably still be wallowing at home being tempted by a bottle." He shyly reaches for her hand and she links her fingers with his. "Will you come with me?" He wonders.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it." She assures him without missing a beat.

"No, I mean, will you come with me. Will you be my date?" He repeats more clearly this time. "I want you there front and centre with me, win or lose, you're the whole reason I'm even there."

"FP... of course I will. I'd be honoured." She throws her arms around him and hugs him tight before he can respond.

He chuckles as he hugs her back, his arms wrapping around her securely and his nose filling with the sweet aroma of her perfume; floral with a hint of vanilla.

"So should we be coordinating our outfits to this thing?" She wonders. "I've never been to the Grammy's before, or really any award show."

"I've only been with Gladys, the time she was nominated, I guess it's going to be a learning curve for the both of us." He says, their gaze lingering on one another for a long while.

Alice is the one to break the silence. "I guess we should probably meet the rest of the crew, I'm starving."

"Same here, ever since we passed that steakhouse it's all I've been able to think about." He stands and offers her his arm. "Shall we?"