Hall of Fame

FP has been sick to his stomach all day, the weight of his Grammy nomination on his mind. He had been in a daze as he stepped into his suit, a crisp black that was tailor made for him. Mary had helped him pick it out, including the small details such as his cream coloured bowtie and shoes of the same colour.

"Damnit." He huffs as he yet again fails to fasten the bowtie properly. He pulls it off and takes a last glance in the mirror before leaving his room and heading out into the hall in search of Fred or Mary, surely one of them has to know how to tie the damned thing.

The sound of another door opening catches his attention and when he turns around he expects to find one of the two, instead he lays eyes on Alice and swears he forgets how to breath.

She's stunning, from head to toe. Her hair loosely tied up in a bun, tendrils falling deliberately around her face, her makeup soft but glowing, her cheek's catching the light in a mesmerizing way. And the dress is perfect, classy and gorgeous, and flowing off of her like it was made with her in mind. He suddenly realizes why Mary was so adamant on the bowtie and shoes.

"Wow." He breathes out before he can stop himself, and the blondes head snaps up in an instant.

"FP!" She startles, face flushing. "Was that a good wow or a bad wow?"

"Do you even have to ask, look at you." He replies, walking in her direction and better taking in her appearance. "You look beautiful."

"You think?"

"Absolutely... you... wow." He stumbles on his words, unable to find the right ones.

She blushes, casting her gaze to the floor as she smiles. "Well thank you." She notices the discarded tie in his hands and raises an eyebrow. "Need a hand?"

"You know how?" He passes the slim piece of fabric to her.

"I was a part of drama club in high school, you learn a couple things." She explains, lifting up on her tip-toes to better reach him, and he gets a smell of her floral scented perfume.

"I came looking for Fred, I've never been very good with the whole tie-tying thing, I try to avoid them as much as possible."

"They can be a bit of a pain," Alice agrees. "How's that? Too tight?"

FP gives it a gentle tug and shakes his head. "That's perfect, thanks."

"Okay, I'm all set, let's-" Mary rambles as she walks out of Alice's hotel room, stopping in her tracks when she spots the two of them. "Well aren't you two a pretty picture?"

"You look beautiful, Mare. As always." FP compliments, pecking a kiss to the redhead's cheek when she's close.

"I helped pick the dress." Alice cuts in, taking pride in the deep plum number she had chosen for her.

"Yeah she had no problem picking my dress but she tried on everything in the store to find her own." Mary teases.

"Well you picked a great one." FP tells her. "Where's Fred?"

"He went down to meet the car." Mary explains.

He extends his arms out to the two of them. "Well then, shall we?"

<>

Turns out that going to Grammy's for someone else and going to the Grammy's for yourself are two completely different experiences.

When FP had gone with Gladys when she was nominated, he had of course enjoyed himself, how could you not? And of course he loved supporting his wife. But being there because he himself was nominated? That was a whole other indescribable feeling, and even if he doesn't win he knows he'll cherish it for life.