The Joker and The Queen

There's a serene peace that hangs over FP and Alice as the lay cuddled in each other's arms. Not a single worried thought plaguing their minds, just basking in the comfortability of being together.

It's become a sort of routine now: finish the show, take a nice, hot shower together, order room service and fall into a pillowy soft bed for the night.

As small as it sounds, it's something they both, (Alice especially), look forward to at the end of a long day.

FP seems to melt away all of her problems and keep her sane.

"Want the last bite?" FP offers, holding out a spoonful of a chocolate sundae.

Alice beams. "Well if you're offering," She opens her mouth and happily accepts the sugary sweetness. "Having unlimited access to those could be dangerous."

"Guess it's a good thing we're only here one more night," FP chuckles, setting the now empty dish aside. "You okay?" He wonders, noting how Alice's mind seems to be drifting.

"I'm perfect, just thinking." She smiles as FP presses a kiss to the top of her head, and tightens her arms around him. "I had a really good conversation with Fred on the way here."

"Yeah? What about?" She can hear the smile in his voice.

"We talked about... Hal," She struggles to say the man's name. "And he apologized for bringing him here, said if he had of known he wouldn't have."

"No one knew,"

"That's what I told him! But he just kept beating himself up over it, it was kind of sad honestly." She frowns. "Anyway, long story short, he's on board with us now. Not that it was stopping us from pursuing a relationship, but I know how much his blessing means to you."

"Means the world." FP agrees. "And it makes it even better known you two are on proper good terms now. Not that you ever weren't but it wasn't... I don't know."

"It was very business-like?"

"Exactly." FP agrees. "You're both so important to me, I don't know how I'd deal if you never got along, or if he couldn't come around to us dating."

"Well you don't have to worry about that anymore, things are just fine." Alice promises, turning his head towards her and brushing a gentle kiss against his lips.

"Oh hey, I've been meaning to tell you," FP begins. "Remember that time I kinda freaked out when you found that song in my notebook?"

Alice gives him a knowing look. "Vaguely."

He smirks. "Well the song was about you. I just didn't really understand what I was feeling at the time and I kinda wigged out."

"I sorta had a feeling," Alice giggles. "Did you ever finish that song?"

"I did, I added to it after we started this up, and I've been meaning to play it for you." He confirms. "Y'wanna hear it?"

Her eyes gleam. "Can I?"

He nods and (regretfully) unwraps his arms from around her to move from the bed. He slips into his abandoned boxers and carefully pulls his guitar out of its case.

Alice watches him with a lazy smile, wrapped in one of his much too big flannels, hair messy and lips kiss swollen. She's the most beautiful sight he's ever seen.

He sits next to her again and she nuzzles in close, curling her arms around his bicep and laying her head on his shoulder.

The guitar makes an ugly sound when FP plucks the wrong string and it makes Alice laugh loudly. "Sounds wonderful," She teases.

"You think?" He smirks and begins to properly pluck the strings; the resulting sound is a beautiful, soft, arrangement of notes.

How was I to know?
It's a crazy thing
I showed you my hand
And you still let me win

And who was I to say
That this was meant to be?
The road that was broken
Brought us together

And I know you could fall for a thousand kings
And hearts that would give you a diamond ring
When I fold, you see the best in me
The joker and the queen

His hands shake slightly from nerves and Alice lays her head on his shoulder, wrapping her arm around his bicep and listening intently.

I was upside down
From the outside in
You came to the table
And you went all in

With a single word
And a gentle touch
You turned a moment
Into forever

And I know you could fall for a thousand kings
And hearts that could give you a diamond ring
When I fold, you see the best in me
The joker and the queen

And I know you could fall for a thousand kings
And hearts that would give you a diamond ring
When I folded, you saw the best in me
The joker and the queen

"And you were going to keep this from me?" Alice gapes. "FP, it's beautiful."

"Hey to be fair, at the time I wrote it you and I were strictly friends. I couldn't exactly play this for you as a platonic song." He jokes. "You like it?"

"I love it." Alice corrects, taking his face in her hands and pulling him for a long, slow kiss. "I'm glad you were finally willing to let me hear it. I've thought about what could be in that damn notebook every day."

"Well now you know," He teases, hand gliding up her thigh as he nudges her onto her back with him. "It's just a very cheesy love song about you."

Alice smirks. "I like cheesy."