My Little Girl

"You know you kind of stink at this game." Alice teases as she and FP play an intense game of poker together.

"Or maybe you're cheating." FP defends, making his next move.

Alice gapes. "I do not cheat!"

"Then explain how you've managed to win nearly every round we've played?"

"I'm just better than you. Speaking of which," She fans her cards out in front of her and smirks. "I win."

FP sighs, the win undeniable. "I'm never playing with you again."

Alice laughs, gathering the cards together again. "You say that every-time."

"FP?" Mary calls out as she walks into the rec room everyone is gathered in.

"Hey Mare, what's up?"

"You have a visitor." She announces, fighting back a grin. "Can I send them in?"

His eyebrows furrow, unsure who it could be but he knows Mary would never allow someone unknown to weasel their way backstage. "Uh, yeah sure, send them in."

"Come here, honey." She whispers, and before FP can ask a single question June comes running into the room, finding her dad immediately.

"Daddy!" She squeals.

"Junebug!" FP nearly flips his chair with how quickly he scrambles out of it. June leaps into his arms the second he's close and he hugs her tight, savouring the long awaited moment. "I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too." She tells him, pecking a kiss to his cheek. "Aunt Shelby and Aunt Mary brought me. They gave me a cool pass too, so I can sit backstage and watch you sing!"

"You're staying for the show?" He grins. "Guess I'm gonna have to put on my best show, huh?"

"Will you sing my favourites?" She sweetly requests.

"I think we could arrange that, huh guys?" He looks towards his band and they nod in quick agreement, the little girl having captured their hearts the moment they were introduced years ago. "I got someone I'd like you to meet," He begins. "Honey, this is Alice. Alice this is my daughter June."

Alice smiles brightly, happy that she had even the slightest part in reuniting the two. "I've heard so much about you, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." June repeats politely. "You're pretty."

Alice chuckles and gently twirls one of the girl's dark curls around her finger. "So are you."

"Do you sing with my daddy?"

"She sings better than me." FP answers and Alice rolls her eyes.

"Not a chance."

"You should sing my favourite songs too, daddy can teach you!"

"Yeah?" Alice smiles over at FP, his personality shining so brightly in his daughter. "I'd like that."

<>

"And this is where we sleep." FP pulls back a curtain to show some of the cramped bunkbeds in the bus.

"You need some stuffies." June decides. "Your bed is lonely."

"You'll have to help me pick one out before you leave."

"Wait," she cries and bolts towards her backpack, unzipping it and digging in. "Have this one." She insists, passing him a little stuffed bunny.

"Are you sure? Won't you miss it?"

"No I have a lot, and I don't want you to be lonely."

"That's really nice, honey. Thank you." He reaches up to the bunk he sleeps in and places the bunny right on his pillow. "There, now he can get settled in."

The bus door opens and FP turns his head to see who it is, smiling when he sees the familiar blonde hair of Alice. "Oh sorry," She apologizes. "Didn't mean to intrude."

"You're not, don't worry. I'm just giving June a little tour of the bus, been a while since she's been on here."

"And? What do you think?"

"It's kind of stinky." She decides, her little nose scrunching and making Alice laugh.

The woman crouches down to June's height and lowers her voice. "That's because there's a bunch of boys on here and boys stink."

"Hey!" FP feigns hurt.

"Daddy always has smelly socks, that's probably what it is." June informs her without filter.

"My own daughter comes to embarrass me." FP scoffs.

"I think it's cute." Alice admits. "You should mark her height before she leaves, didn't you say you always used to do that?"

"Oh right!" He beams. "Hey June, come here for a second." He swipes a pen from the table and positions June in front of the wall. He carefully traces from the top of her head to the post and marks it off. "Wow, you've had a bit of a growth spurt, huh? You're gonna be taller than me soon!"

"I'm still little daddy." June drawls. "I'm hungry, can we go eat?"

"She's definitely your daughter." Alice teases.

"I raised her right." FP winks. "Do you want to join us? Grab a bite before the show?"

"Oh that's alright, the band was planning to order a pizza so I'll just eat with them. You two enjoy your day."

"You sure?" FP asks again. "It's really no bother."

"Really, you two have fun. I'll take you up on the offer another time."

<>

"Thank you everybody, thank you." FP calls out to the audience as they cheer loudly for he and Alice. "We have a very special guest at tonight's show, my daughter June came for a surprise visit." The camera pans to her backstage and FP chuckles when he sees her grinning with wide eyes as she waves.

"She requested I play her favourite songs, but there's one that's written special for her that I want to play for you all tonight. It's been a little while since we played this one though, so be nice." He jokes.

"Gotta hold on easy as I let you go
Gonna tell how much I love you
Though you think you already know

I remember I thought you looked like an angel
Wrapped in pink, so soft and warm
You've had me wrapped around your finger
Since the day you were born

You're beautiful, baby, from the outside in
Chase your dreams, but always know the road
That'll lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be
My little girl"